What Group of Forwards Would Go Further?

Who Goes Further?

• Total voters

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Team A

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - - - - Kadri - - - - Marner
VanRiemsdyk - Bozak - Kapanen
Martin - - - Gauthier - - Komarov

Team B

Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Moore - - - - Kadri - - - -Kapanen
Marchement - Gauthier - - Petan​

67Leafs67

Nov 8, 2014
It's basically van Riemsdyk, Bozak, Komarov, and Martin OR Tavares, Moore, Marchment, Petan.

I think Tavares is the obvious strongest link, and I'll take JvR & Bozie next any day. But after that, I'll take the youth, speed, and skill of Moore, Petan, & Marchment over Martin & Komarov. Overall, group B has better top end talent, and more depth in the most important position, as well as more speed and skill. I'll take them, as tantalizing as JvR & Bozak are as a 3rd line. The only problem with that is that they need to be sheltered, whereas a Kadri 3rd line can matchup against anybody.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Depends on who's the coach. Think there's some coaches that squeeze the life out of the game and someone like Petan might really falter in such a system.

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
We added Tavares for free. I realize we are in cap trouble because of that, but worst case will be we lose Marner because of that. If that would be the case, we receive either 4 first round picks, or made a trade for a very good defenceman plus still have Tavares.

So option B for me.

I think the biggest "mistake" was letting Bozak, JvR and probably Gardiner also walk without getting some 1st and 2nd round picks for them. Could even have signed Bozak and traded Kadri for D help. I get you don't trade your players away for picks when you are heading for the playoffs though, so I can't really complain.

Last edited:

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
Depends on who's the coach. Think there's some coaches that squeeze the life out of the game and someone like Petan might really falter in such a system.
Babcock's team is one of the most freewheeling open-ice teams in modern Leaf history

horner

May 22, 2007
Team A

Hyman - - - - Kadri - - - - Marner
VanRiemsdyk - Bozak - Kapanen
Martin - - - Gauthier - - Komarov

Team B

Hyman - - - Tavares - - - Marner
Moore - - - - Kadri - - - -Kapanen
Marchement - Gauthier - - Petan​
Team B should have traded JVR Bozak Leo last yr .
We would have had assets to get the RD that we do badly needed.
Yes and we probably wouldn't have made the playoffs.
Long term would have been a better solution.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Could be argued that JT wouldn’t sign with a non-playoff team

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Is this a trick question?

We've essentially had both rosters, and the first roster outperformed the second roster by 5 points. And the second roster actually had a much better D corps backing it up.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
B is better down the middle. A is more proven on the wing. A also is a lot more expensive on the cap, which might then take away from other places on the team.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012

And Columbus would have been better dealing their UFAs.. sometimes you have to shoot your shot when you havent made progress in a long time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad