Speculation: What GM BM is thinking right about now

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I watch these playoffs , and I’m reminded why I love hockey. The passion , the team work ! The fire ! GMBM for all his faults, EXCEPT for last year ( so many young new faces ) has always put a team on the ice that love each other and play hard for each other. The cogs/Perry/kesler of the team, need to be replaced. Last year, I watched everyone praise a young Troy terry( who never had any emotion at all ever on his face, seemed like he legit plays like he doesn’t give a crap, and put up no numbers ) yet trash a vet like Rakell( Who’s always played on top teams, and in playoffs does try hard And plays with passion )yet not willing to give him benefit of the doubt for 2 bad seasons, when he’s not used to not being on an elite team anymore. The fan base has forgotten, our identity needs to be tough and hard working . Most nights we don’t have the talent other teams have, but what kills me, is the low compete level. . I saw deslauries a heart and soul player fight Jamie olnesniak( that big huge Dallas dman) and our team didn’t respond after ( yes, we don’t have the talent we once had ) but I can 100% assure you, the sprongs of the world will never stay long, and players who don’t seem to play with passion will be traded. I think GM BM is a loyal gm, he wants to give his guys the benefit of the doubt . I like gudbranson ( heart and soul kind of player )great addition. Deslauries , Henrique and silf( guys who love hockey and play hard )Are solid vets as well. I like some of the fresher faster players brought in. I think if Manson really had a good heart to heart with GM BM at end of season, along the lines of “ hey, I just had a baby, it’s been tough , I’m not used to us being bad, but I want to be here plZ “ etc and really is heart felt that he loves the team and wants to stay( then he is fine for now ) I’m positive guys like comtois( bigger more edgy emotional high octane players ) are what we are targeting this off season( draft and ufa) if the ducks are going to be bad, so be it. The fan base in the glory years, are used to team togetherness and toughness . We need to get back to that. We don’t have the top end talent to be one of those red wings of the early 2000s teams. I want to see a pissed off at losing kind of team. I was very hard on Sam steel all year, but when i think back, I think he’s a player who cares and wants to be here. I pray he gets better. We are so overly due of hitting some home runs with draft players. Maybe this year(draft), we hit a grand slam and rebuild the next 15 years so we can get back to the top. Someone mentioned in another thread, a max domi for Rakell trade. If raks doesnt want to be part of the rebuild and wants to up his value on a better team, I’m sure GM BM is well aware of that; and if that’s the case good bye Ricky raks and gl. But I like the idea of a tougher grittier guy. We have a lot of good vets in the room, even with an attitude( habs fans say he has) . I think a guy like domi will be fine for us. Anyone else out there that’s a ufa that matches the kind of player I mention we need, that’s available?

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Lots of assumptions in the first few sentences. Will not read further. I think this can be moved to MGMT thread.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
I guess, when I was in the 3rd grade and I was paralyzed from the wAste down, I stopped caring so much about school and normal stuff. Even the 1 comma and 1 period I have used so far in this paragraph, seems like a waste of time . When all that matters To me, is that my point is understood. I spend my spare time brushing up on my nlh 6max poker strategy, so that I can continue to thrive in the 5/10 -10/20nl games online and 10/20nl+ games live. But a lot of you spend your free time as spell police. Cool:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I guess, when I was in the 3rd grade and I was paralyzed from the wAste down, I stopped caring so much about school and normal stuff. Even the 1 comma and 1 period I have used so far in this paragraph, seems like a waste of time . When all that matters To me, is that my point is understood. I spend my spare time brushing up on my nlh 6max poker strategy, so that I can continue to thrive in the 5/10 -10/20nl games online and 10/20nl+ games live. But a lot of you spend your free time as spell police. Cool:

lol what

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I would like C Derek Grant back. We don't have a lot of cap space and Grant maybe the only UFA who meshes well with our group in Anaheim that fits into our limited budget.

Reactions: Deuce22

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
My apologies OP, but my brain will errupt and blood will flow from my ears and nose if I read your post.

I'll just answer the title.

I think Bob Murray is thinking "ne need to get faster and more skilled". He always tries to copy whoever wins the cup or whatever narrative is popular. I hope the Coleman/Goodrow acquisitions in Tampa helps him realize it still takes a combination of skill and grit to win.

Frankly we're not gonna outskill anybody within the next couple of seasons, so I wouldn't mind if Murray tried to goon things up a little in the near future. But I don't think that's gonna happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad