What gloves do you wear and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
ju87 said:
does anyone know how the TPS HGT's fit compared to old-style (eg non-Vapor) Bauer gloves? i'd like to replace my Bauer Impact 500's with HGT's. will a 13" HGT = 13" Bauer?
HGT's are a traditional fitting glove with some very unique features, however 13" is 13". If you wear 13" gloves of any brand, then you'll need 13" HGT's.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Kind of a side question.. hope the threadstarter doesn't care: What would you guys recommend a beginner? I'm looking to start playing ice hockey, but I don't wanna spend too much on gloves.

ju87

May 2, 2005
South Bay
cassius said:
Kind of a side question.. hope the threadstarter doesn't care: What would you guys recommend a beginner? I'm looking to start playing ice hockey, but I don't wanna spend too much on gloves.

i bought Bauer Impact 500's when i started cuz i didn't want to spend that much either. they lasted me 1.5 seasons of roller and 0.5 seasons of ice. the palms have worn through now, so all in all, not too bad for durability. i'm looking for better gloves this time around.

you prob should spend that much on your 1st set of gear, because you will probably make some mistakes buying the first time around in terms of fit and features etc and it'll take a bit of trial and error to figure out what gear is right for you (that is unless you get v.good advice from your hockey store).

ju87

May 2, 2005
South Bay
Accord said:
HGT's are a traditional fitting glove with some very unique features, however 13" is 13". If you wear 13" gloves of any brand, then you'll need 13" HGT's.

i was trying to figure out if the Bauers and the HGT's have a similar fit because i've heard that just like skates, fit & sizing varies a bit from brand to brand...eg a person may require a 13" in one brand but a 14" in another

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Just ordered a pair of Oakley Mace gloves for my first gloves! I love these things.

IkeaMonkey*

ju87 said:
i was trying to figure out if the Bauers and the HGT's have a similar fit because i've heard that just like skates, fit & sizing varies a bit from brand to brand...eg a person may require a 13" in one brand but a 14" in another

As always, what Accord said is wrong. Each company fits a tiny bit differently than the others, even in gloves. I personally wear a 14 inch Vapor XX/XV but I'm a 13 in Easton Airs. It's a bit of personal preference, but also some gloves fit longer/shorter(in the fingers) than others at the same measurement.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
RedAce said:
For years now i have been using Tackla gloves made of knit material.
I LOVE THEM!!! so light so flexable but there wearing out so i need to find another pair.
What do you guys recomend? anyone try those new Reebok gloves yet?
I wear rubber gloves because I want to have full mobility but i dont want to leave any fingerprints :D

theo_60

Sep 18, 2004
Eagle gloves for a couple reasons...our teams 2nd name is Eagles and I bought a pair because Dany Heatley had a pair...navy/gold/navy --> they're beauties!

They are honestly the most comfortable pair I've had, close 2nd would be the Oakley gloves

mik3

Apr 28, 2005
New Jersey
I had been wearing eagles for a while, but around christmas I got my hands on a pair of Dustin Brown pro stock louisville HGTs from the 04 WJC. All I can say is wow, I still use the eagles, but the HGTs are heavenly.

berney fkaj

Sep 21, 2003
Around
Ozolinsh_27 said:
I wear the Louisville R2s..all black. very comfy and breathable. I am looking to upgrade this year to the reebok gloves as I tried some on at my LHS and basically I fell in love with them cause they feel great.

me too except my are blue.....love them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad