What gloves do you wear and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAce

Mar 9, 2005
New York, NY
For years now i have been using Tackla gloves made of knit material.
I LOVE THEM!!! so light so flexable but there wearing out so i need to find another pair.
What do you guys recomend? anyone try those new Reebok gloves yet?

jaywills1020

Mar 14, 2004
i use the mission warp sub zero three finger gloves. i love them but now im kinda screwed cause its hard to find the three finger gloves and im so used to playing with them. IF i had to switch i would go with the bauer vapor.

Mxpunk

Jul 3, 2004
RPV, CA
I had Easton Air short cuffs (Dallas Stars pro model) for about 6 years....They were great...sadly, barely anyone makes short cuffs...I moved to the Eagle X70i's, and they are fairly comparable....

I prefer short cuffs for my stickhandling....although I do get a lot of scars and bruises on my forearms!

gallagher

Eagles.

These are the best gloves I've ever worn. A tad pricey, but they are worth it. To me, I've found the right equipment when I forget I'm wearing it during the game. I forget that I'm wearing these gloves when I play.

Check some out, for real.

Ozolinsh_27

Apr 1, 2005
I wear the Louisville R2s..all black. very comfy and breathable. I am looking to upgrade this year to the reebok gloves as I tried some on at my LHS and basically I fell in love with them cause they feel great.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
I wore my old Jofa 626 gloves for 16 years, but they finally got too hard to re-palm, so now I've got black-and-red Bauer 2000's . I hate short-cuff gloves, but since you have to custom-order the good cuffs, these Bauers are not too bad. They felt soft the first second I wore them, and the palms have lasted 2 1/2 seasons already, so that's a plus!

Martytoof

Jun 8, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
I have to second the Vapor call here. I just picked up a pair of V's (they were on clearance at Play it Again Sports for next to nothing), and they fit ten times more comfortably than any glove on my pro shop's wall. I don't (asthetically) care for how they curve inwards and flare out at the wrist, but damnned if I care what they look like as long as they fit well and play well.

They'll probably replace my CCM 752s -- we'll see how well they work in a game situation this weekend.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
I picked up a pair of Easton Airs on eBay for $40 CDN (brand new by the way) for my ball hockey season. Have fallen in love with them, especially the "wristwrap" protection which protects my wrists from the lumberjacks in my league.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Sherwood Eclipse.

I love the floating wrist protector. I broke both my wrists last year from viscious slashes, so I really depend on them. Plus they're light and have great grip.

gallagher

Eagles. They are the best by far. For me, gear is perfect when I forget I'm wearing it, and I have completely forgotten about my Eagles for over three years.

Pricey, but not when you consider you'll wear them for years and years without replacing them.

The best.

AG9NK35DT8*

What gloves do i wear?
Sherwoods

Why?
Because I brought them like 4 years ago and they were cheap at like 50$ or something.

cjbhab*

RedAce said:
For years now i have been using Tackla gloves made of knit material.
I LOVE THEM!!! so light so flexable but there wearing out so i need to find another pair.
What do you guys recomend? anyone try those new Reebok gloves yet?

I used to have some mission gloves which were 3 finger gloves, I loved em but they got to small, they just gave me so much space and had good air, i loved em.

Poe22222

Jun 23, 2005
I just bought a pair of 15" CCM pro tacks. I've never had anything but CCM gloves. This is my fourth pair of gloves in my 9 year hockey career, starting with some really cheap CCMs and moving up to nice ones with the second pair. The second pair was impossible to break in, and I can't believe I got another pair of CCMs, but the third pair (second heavy duty pair) was easy to break in and lasted a long time. Only thing is I was like 5'8'' when I bought them, now I'm 6'1'' and the ole 13.5's just don't offer as much protection as I want. So, I went with another pair. They are comfortable, protective, and used by the best, so I've never really had any reason to venture out.

West19

Jul 19, 2004
Eagle X81 in red white and blue. They are the most comfortable glove and most freedom for wrists in a glove on the market, which happens to be what i look for in a glove. Had them for about 2 years and still holding up fine

ju87

May 2, 2005
South Bay
does anyone know how the TPS HGT's fit compared to old-style (eg non-Vapor) Bauer gloves? i'd like to replace my Bauer Impact 500's with HGT's. will a 13" HGT = 13" Bauer?

canadahockeygirl*

I've got special-made TPS Bionic glove/blocker (intermediate hands, adult web/blocker). I love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad