Speculation: what game have these refs been watching

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
What the hell is with the refs out west? So many blatant calls missed or totally botched. Turris got hooked, Karlsson gets high sticked after he scores, the knee on Stone, etc etc etc. That was just against San Jose... then all the hooks in LA, and Anaheim.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I guess... but in fairness - particularly in that LA game, we got away with a lot too.

We kept pushing Kings defensemen on top of Quick and were never penalized for it. I really enjoyed it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The NHL really wants the Cali teams to succeed. Bigger population than all of Canada and a ton of money down there. If something is big in Cali, that trend spreads into Hollywood and subsequently the rest of the USA.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lol, yea I just made post about this.

The Turris hook had to be one of the worst things you can ever see. He escapes 2-3 sharks, all alone in neutral zone then he gets hooked and falls and breakaway the other way.

LA literally pick a defender and tackle him to the ice and 3on2 becomes 2on1.

Not to mention Stone penalty among others. Only real questionable ones you can argue for Ottawa was the LA no goal but that was clearly right call.

To be frank though.... Normally great teams get away with stuff like that. When you are so good and start playing on the line, the refs just give you benefit of the doubt and call things in your favor or dont call things.

Remember Pitts vs Ottawa series? Pitts were making cheap and dirty plays almost every shift but it was so successful for them and cause they were so good, they excelled in knowing how to play on the line and get away with it due to solid reputation for winning games.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Its been worse. This is a good year for the sens referee wise. In the past it looked like a blatant bias.... now it just looks like incompetence/speed of the game

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
We were the beneficiaries of almost as many blown calls as were blown against us recently.

Seriously. We have been gifted some INCREDIBLE calls in our favor over the past 3-4 games. Yeah, we've had some chintzy calls go against us, but our opposition can say the same. We've had some absolute gifts that have been 100% game changers in our favor. The quick whistle goal against us that got called off because the ref lost sight of an open puck, some PP goals off of phantom calls against opposition players, etc...

This California road trip has just been bad refereeing... period. Both sides.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
There's no reason to be complaining about the refs over the past few games. Send got some bad calls against but also got away with a bunch of "penalties".

It's been a trend all season league wide where the refs have been "letting them play"

BigBush*

The refs have been sooo much better this year then the last few seasons.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
In general I find the refs let a lot more go in the West, even in the non California teams. Maybe its why the West is typically the bigger stronger division?

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Turris didn't get hooked and Stone didn't get kneed and Karlsson was highsticked like right as he scored, easy to miss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad