What famous matches/PPVs have you never seen?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Time to fess up. What historic moments, matches, PPVs, shows have you read/heard about but never actually watched?

There is one big one for me: Wrestlemania 3 Macho Man vs. Steamboat. I know it's one of the best matches of all-time and I always hear about Wrestlemania 3, but I have never watched the show or that match. I've watched Hogan/Andre on youtube, but never actually caught one of the best matches of all time. For whatever reason, Macho Man just never appealed to me. Never cared for him.

When I was very young, I started watching wrestling at around Wrestlemania 9. I was super young but I have never gone back to watch any of WM 1 through 8.

S A W F T*

JK... I started watching a few years after you and really haven't gone back to look at the product "before my time"... I watched a few matches from the 80s and early 90s and just couldn't get into it.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I am always curious about Flair vs. Steamboat...
Even since I learned that they had three 5 stars matches together.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Some of mine are more infamous for being bad:

- Goldberg vs Nash from Starrcade 1998
- HHH vs Scott Steiner from Royal Rumble 2003
- Bret vs Vince from WM26
- All of Wrestlemania 27

Good ones I have missed since I have a huge hole from 2003-2013:
- Cena vs Umaga from 2007 Royal Rumble
- Eddie Guerrero vs Brock Lesnar from No Way Out 2004
- Edge vs Mick Foley, WM22

Older classics that I have never seen but really want to:
- Curt Hennig vs Nick Bockwinkel, 1 hour draw from 1986
- Ric Flair vs Kerry Von Erich, Texas Stadium 1984
- Pat Patterson vs Sgt. Slaughter, MSG Alley Fight 1981 (no excuse since this is on the Network)

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
JBL vs Eddie Guererro from Judgement Day 2004
-One of the bloodiest matches in the history of the WWE/F and happened mostly because Eddie bladed and hit an artery. Never actually sat down and watched it because I've heard it's actually a bit disturbing.

Doomsday Cage match from WCW Uncensored 1996
-This one is more infamous than famous, but I want sit down and just watch this beautiful disaster sometime from beginning to end.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
JBL vs Eddie Guererro from Judgement Day 2004
-One of the bloodiest matches in the history of the WWE/F and happened mostly because Eddie bladed and hit an artery. Never actually sat down and watched it because I've heard it's actually a bit disturbing.

Doomsday Cage match from WCW Uncensored 1996
-This one is more infamous than famous, but I want sit down and just watch this beautiful disaster sometime from beginning to end.

I watched the first one on DVD when I was 10. I did not know what to make of what I was watching. So much blood.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I have not seen that Eddie match, but I have seen the Bill Alfonso-Beulah ECW match where Fonzie lost like 6 pints of blood. Wonder who lost more blood between the two.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I wish I missed that one. Ugh I was such a loyal new gen viewer.

I missed almost all of Eddie's run as the top guy. Always wanted to see Eddie's match vs Brock.

I've never watched either of the Cena/Rock matches.

The first Rock-Cena match was a good live match but only because I didn't know or have a good idea of who would win at the time. Didn't age well though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The first Rock-Cena match was a good live match but only because I didn't know or have a good idea of who would win at the time. Didn't age well though.

How was the second one? The idea of Cena going over already bugs me.

Funny enough I've seen both Taker matches from those Manias.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Second one was awful. Just hit finishers for what seemed like ten straight minutes and constantly kicked out. Terrible booking and storytelling.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cena vs. Rock II was ****ing horrible. I remember watching it with my cousin and his friends and we were all bored to tears. I remember them going from rest holds to their finisher fest like it was nothing and all of a sudden it was over. I know The Rock tore something and got surgery the next day, but still. The whole layout was ****ing horrible.

I tried to watch it thinking it couldn't be THAT bad. I couldnt make it past the chair shot.

Oh I still watched the whole thing. :laugh:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
How was the second one? The idea of Cena going over already bugs me.

Funny enough I've seen both Taker matches from those Manias.

Absolutely terrible. For the most part, the same match except they faked the setup to the finish from the previous year and everyone knew who was going to win. lol

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Due to college, I missed a lot of TV in the 2001-2002 range. I couldn't watch the last Nitro which still irks me to this day. I can only imagine how surreal it was at the time to have the McMahons dueling on two different channels and otherwise mourning the end of the Monday Night Wars. I'm sure I could watch it on the Network now, but it wouldn't have the same effect this far removed.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I missed the Diva battle Royal at WM30 because I went to grab beers and ended up chugging one while waiting in line for the washroom. I'm not even kidding. It was a key time for a few thousand to take a piss, that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad