What every team needs to win the Cup in 2019?

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Oilers:

We would need a couple of these to happen:
Eric Karlsson for Lucic
OEL traded for Russel
Sign Tavares to a show-me contract $4 million
Patrick Kane 75% retained for Ty Rattie
Price traded at 75% retained for Talbot

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Oilers:

We would need a couple of these to happen:
Eric Karlsson for Lucic
OEL traded for Russel
Sign Tavares to a show-me contract $4 million
Patrick Kane 75% retained for Ty Rattie
Price traded at 75% retained for Talbot
While I can definitely see most of that happening, the damn league will only allow a max of 50% retention on trades. I know, it's just not fair sometimes.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
For the Flames:

Smith needs to play the way he played the first half of the year (before injured)
2-3 depth forwards/prospects need to take HUGE steps forward
Brodie-Hamonic need to play at their previous peak levels.

And of course, we would need a LOT more puck luck

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
:cbj

3+4C that can consistently show up at least defensively

Our offense needs more than one line a game to show up(Wennberg rebounding/staying healthy)

Werenski and Jones need to be healthy and both will be in Norris talks (they already are, albeit on the outside looking in)

Korpi needs to play 30 +ish games to keep Bob as fresh as possible. Yes Bob can play 60 games and win a Vezina, but idgaf about that. I want him fresh and ready to go come playoff time and the only way that possible is if we don't have to rely on Bob to win games in the regular season.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Devils:
-A top pairing dman
-A top 6 forward (preferably a C to take the load off Nico)
-Consistent goaltending

Devils have the cap space to make some moves this summer. Obviously the first step is making the playoffs again which isn't easy in the Metro :help:

Reactions: Dialamo

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
:hawks

Bounceback years from Toews, Saad, and Seabrook especially, the youngsters taking steps forward, and Crow to remain healthy and keep up his usual stellar level of play

Reactions: CanadianHawks

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
:cbj

3+4C that can consistently show up at least defensively

Our offense needs more than one line a game to show up(Wennberg rebounding/staying healthy)

Werenski and Jones need to be healthy and both will be in Norris talks (they already are, albeit on the outside looking in)

Korpi needs to play 30 +ish games to keep Bob as fresh as possible. Yes Bob can play 60 games and win a Vezina, but idgaf about that. I want him fresh and ready to go come playoff time and the only way that possible is if we don't have to rely on Bob to win games in the regular season.
I'd add to that for PLD to keep doing what he's doing. And I would say we need a middle-6 center - whether he plays #2C or #3C depends on Wennberg's work. (Dubinsky can be #4C.)

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Everyone needs a whole lot, even Washington. This is not easy.

I'm not too worried about individual performances per se, or individual parts of the team (like PP etc., or a 2nd line RW or 4th line center etc.), it's mostly team performance/style of play as a whole.
So for us,
- we need to play defense first hockey
- time to let that sink into the identity of the team
- no ownership meddling (should have put this first)
- need Boughner to be the right coach for this team.

And even then, I just feel like that will make us a contender. I don't know about winning the cup. That's a little unpredictable.

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
:canes

1 - Scott Darling announces his retirement, is miraculously replaced by a better then league average goalie
2 - Svechnikov has the best rookie season since Crosby
3 - Faulk, Rask, and Skinner not just regain form but take the next step developmentally
4 - The prospects that are brought in to replace Stempniak, Ryan, and Nordstrom (Svechnikov, Necas, and Foegele or Zykov) outproduce what the former trio brought to the team last season by a significant amount... ok this one actually isn't much of a stretch.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Habs are in a good spot tbh:
Sign Jonathan Tavares at League Minimum Contract
Trade Shaw+4th round pick for Draisaitl (50% Retained)
Trade Lehkonen for Johnny Gaudreau (50% Retained)
Petry for Karlsson (50% Retained)
Alzner for OEL (50% Retained)

Then they'd be my sleeper pick for the cup.

Reactions: TychoFan

DonnyG33

Apr 13, 2015
Toronto
A new owner and resulting competent managing staff would be a hell of a start for Ottawa.

Player wise, a goalie, a #2 Dman, a first line winger and about 4 middle six players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad