What does your ideal 2015-2016 Buffalo Sabres roster look like?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It's only essentially that if you think Crosby will retire at 34. Do you think that's going to happen, because I sure don't. His contract takes him to something like 37. It seems reasonable that he'd play those years out, so you can't just subtract them from the contract.

You're not quite getting my point and I blame myself for not putting it across well.

I'm saying the reason Toews/Kane could get 12mil AAV is because they WONT have those years tacked on because they're not allowed any more. So the gap between Crosby' AAV and their potential AAV is due to that. Its not because they are getting a ton more in actual salary.

Crosby's deal was essentially :) the previous CBAs version of what Toews and Kane are looking for. Maybe even more because there is a 3 year gap between the deals.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
I really need to stop watching Connor McDavid footage, its just going to hurt so much worse when Edmonton wins the lottery :(

I can't imagine Patrick Kane with 12m worth of bling to flaunt. I remember the good old days when he and his friends would just use his NHL ID to get into Mickey Rat's, attempt to hit on my sister and her friend, and order chocolate Kahlua mudslides in the process. Now he's poppin Don in Shkago, how far you've come Patty.

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Well, it's pretty simple. If guys like Toews and Kane indeed end up getting $12m, Crosby's getting paid substantially less. Seems you're bending logic to present otherwise. Making equivalent money over a 50% longer term doesn't change that he's being paid less. It might make the matter of security in the case of career derailment about equal, though.

He is looking at what the actual paid salary is---not the cap hit.

Even with Ehrhoff..the contract was a 7 yr $37M contract which is a $5.3M per yr deal...but the last 3 years lowers the cap hit.

With Pittsburgh they maintained the same cap hit but frontloaded the contract.

Rob

Let me lay it out this way.

Crosby deal is essentially a 9 year deal for 95.4mil. He is making in actually salary 12mil, 12mil, 12mil, 10.9mil, 10.9mil, 10mil, 9mil, 9.6mil and 9mil over those 9 years that would average out to 10.6mil. So he essentially got the contract Toews and Kane will be looking for in 2 years with 3 years @ 3mil per added to the end to reduce his cap hit.

I mean if posters are going to argue Crosby would have gotten more in 3 years, well no ****.

It's only essentially that if you think Crosby will retire at 34. Do you think that's going to happen, because I sure don't. His contract takes him to something like 37. It seems reasonable that he'd play those years out, so you can't just subtract them from the contract.

34 is a reasonable age to consider retiring. He would have played 15+ yrs. He is likely going to lose a step or two by then.

By the team he reaches 35 there may be new rules in contracts where teams can renegotiate extensions and redo the contract.

There may be some indirect ways to compensate him such as a low ball under the table ownership stake or he gets income indirectly from other sources like he is also hired by company x being paid millions to do nothing. they could also work something into advertising contracts. imagine his local pittsburgh promtion contracts suddenly going up by a few million dollars during those years.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Doesn't surprise me to see them together. A player with Reinhart's IQ and feel for the game is a good fit for McDavid.

Aren't they both centers? Guess the position description of center is a loose one. Tyler Ennis is a center, Girgensons is a center, Leino SAID he could play center....:laugh:

Looking at our roster we have like zero skill at winger.

They're both centers but as is usual in international teams, a lot of the players and especially a lot of the best players are centers. Guys have to move to the wing, just like what happens in the NHL. If you can play center, generally you can play wing just fine. There's no doubt both will be able to excel at center in the NHL. If we got both you could easily see them center the top 2 lines once they're acclimated to the NHL, but depending on our center situation, you might see one of them on the wing at times.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
(Dal Colle/ Draisatl)-(Reinhart)-Armia
Girgensons-Hodgson-Grigorenko
Foligno-Larsson-Ott
Vet winger- Kea/Vet center- Catenacci

Zadorov-Myers
Ehrhoff-Ristolainen
Pysyk-McCabe
Mccnab

(Possibly Miller)
Enroth
**Hackett (only if miller is traded)

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
Not sure about the 2015-2016 roster, but I really think we should take the Florida approach - implementing only one or two prospect and fill the rest of the roster with some "crappy" vet who on the other hand have right kind of leadership abilities.

And I have to say that I'm full on the tank mode. We have selected the route of sucking so we should take all what's there to take.

I hope we could trade Miller, Moulson and Tallinder, McBain (and perhaps Stafford) for some future assets. If the right deal emerges, I don't even mind trading some of our younger guys like McNabb and Ennis. I think we should keep Ott, even if we could get something like 1st round pick from him.

If we end up last place and we lose the lottery while thinking one of the guys is above everyone else (is it Reinhart or Ekblad, I hope it would be Reinhart and he lives up to his expectations), I think we should try to move up one place. I think the difference between the guys at the top isn't that big. Giving something like one of our early 2nd rounders could do the trick (or just add some later round picks as well).

Then on the offseason I think we should take pretty careful approach - not to use big money for long contracts unless it is absolutely sure that it is the right call. I'm not even sure about the Callahan, eventhough he might fit in just perfectly to our young group. I'm not that confident that in the long run the cap will rise like it's been projected (next year is quite an exception, thanks to broadcasting and those open air game revenues) - the economy isn't that predictable.

So you just promote couple guys like Ristolainen and Larsson (while keeping Girgs in Buffalo as well) and let the other youngsters cook (even Reinhart/Ekblad/whoever if he isn't clearly ready) elsewhere, Grigorenko among them.

Then we abso-****ing-lutely need to be dead last next year. And it's not about Mcdavid only - it's about getting our superstar-talented franchise center. If we miss McDavid, it sucks like hell, but it's not the end of the world. It would be nice to get Crosby (= McDavid), but I think we might get just fine with Toews (=Eichel). Of course it's too early to say about the 2015 draft, but I think there will be so many potential franchise centers that it's our only chance to get one in a long time.

If we somehow manage to get something like 8. pick from the 2015 draft I will be really, really angry.

ZeroPT*

I'd like to give this another shot. I was basically half asleep when I wrote my other one and have given a lot of thought to it. So here goes:

Girgensons-McDavid-Reinhart
Top scoring line

This line has it all. Assuming we win both of the next 2 lottery's (long shot) we have a generational talent in McDavid, a super smart two way beast in Reinhart and a powerfull, physical right place at the right time guy (our Brent Burns/Backes). McDavid and Reinhart are both awesome playmakers and with both of them doing all the work, all girgs has to do is drive the net and stay around there, his physicality, work ethic and "not taking **** from anyone" will complement the two highly skilled guys perfectly. Not to ignore, the two way prowess of this line. Reinhart is a skilled two way forward, McDavid aswell, and Girgs can also do a good job defensively.

XXXX-Hodgson-Armia
Secondary scoring line

This line could be awesome. If hodgson improves his defensive game and we're able to find the last member of that line (via trade, FA, Draft or even if one of our existing guys steps up) it could be scary good. Armia is a lanky scorer who reminds me of Justin Williams, slick hands, great passing, solid shot, he's also worked on his defensive game quite a bit. He could complement Hodgson perfectly. Hodgson seems like a pass first guy who could find Armia and create space with his awesome vision and passing abilities. Now, the catch is that last member, of our existing guys there are a lot of options ; Foligno,Compher,Ennis,Grigorenko even. Any of those guys, or someone we draft (Isles pick) or find in FA/trade could step in.

Foligno-Larsson-Ennis
Shutdown/checking line with offense

This is our shutdown line. Larsson imo will top out as one of the best 3C's in the league when at full potential. He's smart, good on the dot, physical,good passer and lights out defensively. He could be our Pavelski, shutting down the opponents top line players and chipping in some offense in the meantime.As for Foligno, I see him as being a physical middle six scoring hitter (Dubinsky). Chipping in 10-20 goals with an occasional 25+ goal season, also while being a physical presence and a good defensive forward. And lastly, Ennis. I see him as being a scoring threat on this line, like Jussi Jokinen, someone who can chip in secondary scoring and even move up into the top lines.

Clifford-Kea-Catenacci
**** disturber line

Our energy guys. Kea and Cat are full of it and if we're able to acquire Clifford or another physical prensence for that last line we'll be set. Guys like Possler,Flynn,Ellis,Baptiste,etc. could come in and also do a job for us. These guys will wear the other team down, draw penalty's and literally FSU. Eventually I see Possler coming in as a speedster, two way forward with skill who will help that line immensely and add spark to our line-up. He, similarly to Ennis could be on all lines and fit like a glove.

If this line-up comes to fruition we'll still have a bunch of prospects offensively; guys like Hurley,Compher,Baptiste,Bailey and whoever we draft in the next couple years.
Grigorenko is a wild card. He could be that second line winger (as I mentioned) or he could completely bust. I think he does the latter. His being rushed won't just be fixed, it'll take time and he could be 24-25 before he does anythin with his career, by that time, I could see the KHL being an option, or we could use him as trade bait hoping a team bites, giving us a top 6 winger, obviously couple with picks and other guys.
Compher and Possler likely won't be ready to step in but I could see Compher fitting in on that 2nd line as a Callahan/Helm type of guy. Supplying offense and bringing speed,shot blocking,physicality and general snarl.

Zadorov-Myers
Twin towers/top pairing

Two giants. Myers will be the puck mover, whilst Zadorov is the punisher. Zad will dominate other teams top guys. Block shots,Huge hits, engage himself physically anyway possible. Myers as mentioned will be lugging the puck up with speed, pinching in the offensive zone, and Zadorov will alloy him that freedom because of his defensive prowess. Both of these guys are immense and great skaters. Logging huge minutes and being the best all around pairing. Zadorov will be a bit young but will start developing a reputation (I'm hoping:laugh: ) of being a force to be reckoned with and imo will end up as a top pairing guy, basically, like Kronwall.

Ristolainen-Pysyk
All around second pairing

Two effortless, smooth, mistake free, risk free guys who will just make the right playes when asked too. IMO, Ristolainen tops out as a #2 guy but kinda like Seabrook in Chicago, he's going to be on the second pairing, partnered with Pysyk.Two smooth skating, good decision making minute munching guys on the back end to back up the more dynamic top pairing. Both highly intelligent hockey players, they too will complement themselves well. Ristolainen does have the occasional brain fart and does zone out of position going for a big hit and can be covered by Pysyk who's more of a stick lift/stick check kinda guy. The beauty of this pairing imo is that either of thes two can step up and do well on the top pairing, both play on the PP and PK. The only trouble I see here is that they're similar and both RHD's and that could pose a problem.

Erhoff-McCabe
"2nd, 2nd pairing"

Erhoff will likely be a bit slower, worn down and a bit too slow for more important minutes.McCabe might not be ready but Ideally I see him being a #4, Gunarsson type of guy who can do a job on our second pairing in case of injury or lack of form. These two are likely second pairing guys but our D looks to be so deep that they might be dropped off. I defo see McCabe playing top PK minutes and being a good all-around defensman and Erhoff, finding his way on the top PP unit (alongside Myers) and playing sheltered minutes as a slower guy. Look at the disaster that is Streit, we want to prevent that by sheltering him.

Other options for this pairing include McBain,Ruh,McNabb and a long shot in JGL, perhaps we draft another defender but I don't see that player impacting our team right away.

Goalies
This is complicated. At the end of this season, I think people outside of the sabres circle will start recognizing Ullmark as an excellent goalie. I see him as having definite #1 potential. I do believe our goalie situation resembles Washignton's from a couple of years ago. They had Neuivirth,Varlamov and Hotlby as young goalies who all had #1 potential. They had all that depth and moved Varlamov (wrong decision imo) for another piece. I see us in a similar situation but with Makarov,Enroth and Hackett. They'll all likely be ready for quality minutes if they continue down this path and we could use them as "stopgaps" (I put quotation marks because usually stopgaps are vets but these guys are younger) Until we find a definite #1 out of the three, or someone else steps up.

Leadership
C:McDavid- Face of the franchise,automatic captain (a la Crosby/Ovechkin) will lead with his play.
A:Girgensons- More captain materiel then McDavid imo but will not get the C. Vocal leader, physical leader, intangibles (would be my choice for captain).
A:Hodgson- a natural leader. He, similarly as McDavid will lead with his on ice play and not like Girgensons.
A:Erhoff- The only veteran to completely stick through the rebuild, Erhoff will bring a stabilizing voice for the younger guys and an objective to strive towards. Exemplary work ethic, attitude and personality which will give the younger guys an objective to strive towards.

I didn't include a couple wildcards such as Miller,Ott and whoever we take with the Isles pick as they are completely unknown entities, I tried to include as much of the present day sabres as possible and be as realistic as possible.
I see this team striving and being a model franchise for the NHL (I hope) this of course is all fantasy but hey, a man can dream right? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: Exeunt dream

Last edited by a moderator:

TossinSauce

Dec 16, 2013
Upstate NY
I'd like to give this another shot. I was basically half asleep when I wrote my other one and have given a lot of thought to it. So here goes:

Girgensons-McDavid-Reinhart
Top scoring line

This line has it all. Assuming we win both of the next 2 lottery's (long shot) we have a generational talent in McDavid, a super smart two way beast in Reinhart and a powerfull, physical right place at the right time guy (our Brent Burns/Backes). McDavid and Reinhart are both awesome playmakers and with both of them doing all the work, all girgs has to do is drive the net and stay around there, his physicality, work ethic and "not taking **** from anyone" will complement the two highly skilled guys perfectly. Not to ignore, the two way prowess of this line. Reinhart is a skilled two way forward, McDavid aswell, and Girgs can also do a good job defensively.

XXXX-Hodgson-Armia
Secondary scoring line

This line could be awesome. If hodgson improves his defensive game and we're able to find the last member of that line (via trade, FA, Draft or even if one of our existing guys steps up) it could be scary good. Armia is a lanky scorer who reminds me of Justin Williams, slick hands, great passing, solid shot, he's also worked on his defensive game quite a bit. He could complement Hodgson perfectly. Hodgson seems like a pass first guy who could find Armia and create space with his awesome vision and passing abilities. Now, the catch is that last member, of our existing guys there are a lot of options ; Foligno,Compher,Ennis,Grigorenko even. Any of those guys, or someone we draft (Isles pick) or find in FA/trade could step in.

Foligno-Larsson-Ennis
Shutdown/checking line with offense

This is our shutdown line. Larsson imo will top out as one of the best 3C's in the league when at full potential. He's smart, good on the dot, physical,good passer and lights out defensively. He could be our Pavelski, shutting down the opponents top line players and chipping in some offense in the meantime.As for Foligno, I see him as being a physical middle six scoring hitter (Dubinsky). Chipping in 10-20 goals with an occasional 25+ goal season, also while being a physical presence and a good defensive forward. And lastly, Ennis. I see him as being a scoring threat on this line, like Jussi Jokinen, someone who can chip in secondary scoring and even move up into the top lines.

Clifford-Kea-Catenacci
**** disturber line

Our energy guys. Kea and Cat are full of it and if we're able to acquire Clifford or another physical prensence for that last line we'll be set. Guys like Possler,Flynn,Ellis,Baptiste,etc. could come in and also do a job for us. These guys will wear the other team down, draw penalty's and literally FSU. Eventually I see Possler coming in as a speedster, two way forward with skill who will help that line immensely and add spark to our line-up. He, similarly to Ennis could be on all lines and fit like a glove.

If this line-up comes to fruition we'll still have a bunch of prospects offensively; guys like Hurley,Compher,Baptiste,Bailey and whoever we draft in the next couple years.
Grigorenko is a wild card. He could be that second line winger (as I mentioned) or he could completely bust. I think he does the latter. His being rushed won't just be fixed, it'll take time and he could be 24-25 before he does anythin with his career, by that time, I could see the KHL being an option, or we could use him as trade bait hoping a team bites, giving us a top 6 winger, obviously couple with picks and other guys.
Compher and Possler likely won't be ready to step in but I could see Compher fitting in on that 2nd line as a Callahan/Helm type of guy. Supplying offense and bringing speed,shot blocking,physicality and general snarl.

Zadorov-Myers
Twin towers/top pairing

Two giants. Myers will be the puck mover, whilst Zadorov is the punisher. Zad will dominate other teams top guys. Block shots,Huge hits, engage himself physically anyway possible. Myers as mentioned will be lugging the puck up with speed, pinching in the offensive zone, and Zadorov will alloy him that freedom because of his defensive prowess. Both of these guys are immense and great skaters. Logging huge minutes and being the best all around pairing. Zadorov will be a bit young but will start developing a reputation (I'm hoping:laugh: ) of being a force to be reckoned with and imo will end up as a top pairing guy, basically, like Kronwall.

Ristolainen-Pysyk
All around second pairing

Two effortless, smooth, mistake free, risk free guys who will just make the right playes when asked too. IMO, Ristolainen tops out as a #2 guy but kinda like Seabrook in Chicago, he's going to be on the second pairing, partnered with Pysyk.Two smooth skating, good decision making minute munching guys on the back end to back up the more dynamic top pairing. Both highly intelligent hockey players, they too will complement themselves well. Ristolainen does have the occasional brain fart and does zone out of position going for a big hit and can be covered by Pysyk who's more of a stick lift/stick check kinda guy. The beauty of this pairing imo is that either of thes two can step up and do well on the top pairing, both play on the PP and PK. The only trouble I see here is that they're similar and both RHD's and that could pose a problem.

Erhoff-McCabe
"2nd, 2nd pairing"

Erhoff will likely be a bit slower, worn down and a bit too slow for more important minutes.McCabe might not be ready but Ideally I see him being a #4, Gunarsson type of guy who can do a job on our second pairing in case of injury or lack of form. These two are likely second pairing guys but our D looks to be so deep that they might be dropped off. I defo see McCabe playing top PK minutes and being a good all-around defensman and Erhoff, finding his way on the top PP unit (alongside Myers) and playing sheltered minutes as a slower guy. Look at the disaster that is Streit, we want to prevent that by sheltering him.

Other options for this pairing include McBain,Ruh,McNabb and a long shot in JGL, perhaps we draft another defender but I don't see that player impacting our team right away.

Goalies
This is complicated. At the end of this season, I think people outside of the sabres circle will start recognizing Ullmark as an excellent goalie. I see him as having definite #1 potential. I do believe our goalie situation resembles Washignton's from a couple of years ago. They had Neuivirth,Varlamov and Hotlby as young goalies who all had #1 potential. They had all that depth and moved Varlamov (wrong decision imo) for another piece. I see us in a similar situation but with Makarov,Enroth and Hackett. They'll all likely be ready for quality minutes if they continue down this path and we could use them as "stopgaps" (I put quotation marks because usually stopgaps are vets but these guys are younger) Until we find a definite #1 out of the three, or someone else steps up.

Leadership
C:McDavid- Face of the franchise,automatic captain (a la Crosby/Ovechkin) will lead with his play.
A:Girgensons- More captain materiel then McDavid imo but will not get the C. Vocal leader, physical leader, intangibles (would be my choice for captain).
A:Hodgson- a natural leader. He, similarly as McDavid will lead with his on ice play and not like Girgensons.
A:Erhoff- The only veteran to completely stick through the rebuild, Erhoff will bring a stabilizing voice for the younger guys and an objective to strive towards. Exemplary work ethic, attitude and personality which will give the younger guys an objective to strive towards.

I didn't include a couple wildcards such as Miller,Ott and whoever we take with the Isles pick as they are completely unknown entities, I tried to include as much of the present day sabres as possible and be as realistic as possible.
I see this team striving and being a model franchise for the NHL (I hope) this of course is all fantasy but hey, a man can dream right? :biglaugh: :biglaugh: Exeunt dream

I like the look of this, and it's actually rather feasible (with a little luck in the lottery :crossfing) I think we'll bring in a big name winger before everything is said and done as well. We're in really good shape if Grigs reaches potential too, I'm just not too sure about it.

ZeroPT*

As for the coaching staff, I want nuuminen and Nolan to remain. Nolan as a motivational speaker, associate coach type of guy, and nuuminen, taking care if the D core. I honestly have no idea who the u and coming coaches are so I won't comment on that (if anyone has that knowledge, please chime in)

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Armia - Hodgson - ROR
Eichel - McDavid - Girgensons
Ott - Foligno - UFA vet
Flynn - Cat - UFA vet

Eckblad - Risto
Hoff - Zad
McNabb - Pysyk
UFA vet

LottoPlease

Dec 30, 2013
Pegulaville
new poster here on hfboards

1. E.Kane / McDavid / P.Kane
the long shot line; our superstar center with 2 top scoring wingers, and since having just 1 of them likely won't ever happen, why not! evander's acquired in a trade while pat comes for free after next year
2. Girgensons / S.Reinhart / Armia
the realistic line; 3 future blue and gold greats, very possible we'll see this combo come september
3. Grigorenko / Hodgson / Yakupov
i see a lot of you are dumping grigo, but imo this is just what he(and yak for that matter) needs to succeed in the nhl. grigo was ecstatic when we drafted zadorov he needs his russian brothers and yak whatever's going on in EDM just isn't working. cody gets the short end of the stick as 3C behind our lotto boys, but really can't complain with wingers like this
4. Foligno / Ott / Callahan
by no means a "4th line" what we have here is decent goal scoring ability across the board with the right amount of aggression and physical dominance from the 2 current sabres
* Adam
who knows what luke adam will become? i like him enough to keep him, he can kind of score

1. Meyers / Bogosian
meyers isn't going anywhere, and local boy zach bogosian gets to ride shotgun as the prduct of the same multi-player deal that brought us evander
2. G.Reinhart / Pysyk
pysyk is a solid defenseman, so i keep him and acquire sam's brother from the isles with that pick they overpaid us
3. Ristolainen / Zadorov
we all know what these two are for
* Weber
he's still under contract, and despite his shortcomings he's a good presence on the team

Miller
he's liking the direction of the team, into playing for lafontaine, and is a proud competitor who wants a cup but wants to win it with his team. if a spot doesn't open up in cali i say he resigns
Hackett
as enroth plays more and proves himself to the rest of the NHL his price will go up, enroth out in a trade package

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Armia Hodgson Bennett
Ennis Compher Grigorenko
Foligno Larsson Girgensons
Kea Sundher (I'm aware) Catenacci

Myers Ehrhoff
Zadorov Ristolainen
McCabe Forbort

Enroth
Hackett

We acquire Forbort and La 2015 for Moulson and something else that evens it out as la refuses to trade Toffolli

orionreed

Mar 26, 2015
Kane Gigensons Ennis
Moulson McEichel ______
Gionta Reinhart Hodgson
Foligno Verone Kaleta

Begosian Risto
Zadorov Gorges
Benoit Mezsaros

Neuvrith/Lindback/Enroth/Niemi - any of these two

Ideally we trade reinhart and our other first round pick to Arizona. ( they get their domi reinhart line) and we draft dylan strome with their first pick. have two erie otters on the team. strome and mcdavid.

or
- kane*Girgs*Ennis
-Moulson*O'reilly hodgson
- Gionta*Mceich*reinhart
- foligno*varone*kaleta

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Lets see...

UFAs we let walk:
Meszaros, Benoit, Strachan, Ellis

UFA signings:
Frolik, Del Zotto, 1-2 Goalies

Top 13 Forwards:
McEichel, Kane, Ennis, Moulson, Rinehart, Girgensons, Gionta, Hodgson, Foligno, Larsson, Schaller, Frolik, Deslauriers

Top 7 D:
Bogosian, Risto, Zadorov, Pysyk, Weber, Gorges, MDZ

js31

Aug 2, 2005
M. Moulson - Z. Girgensons - T. Ennis
E. Kane - J. Eichel - R. O'Reilly
M. Foligno - S. Reinhart - B. Gionta
N. Deslauriers - J. Larsson - P. Kaleta
C. McCormick

N. Zadorov - R. Ristolainen
J. Gorges - Z. Bogosian
M. Weber - M. Pysyk

R. Lehner or J. Markstrom
[FA Goalie - 1B type]

Trade: 2015 1st rounder (STL or NYI), M. Grigorenko, and J. McCabe for R. O'Reilly
- Probably not enough to get it done, but whatever.

Trade: 2nd rd pick (from NYI) for R. Lehner OR 3rd rd pick (from NYI) for J. Markstrom
- Big, young Swedish netminders with upside; both highly touted prospects; both on teams with crowded goaltending situations with VAN having Miller and Lack and OTT having Anderson and Hammond. Teams may want to get value instead of being forced to put a guy on waivers, as Markstrom was put through waivers last year.

ManuelCalavera

La-La-La-Locked Out
Apr 7, 2003
Rochester, NY
Visit site
new poster here on hfboards

1. E.Kane / McDavid
the long shot line; our superstar center...w/ evander's acquired in a trade

1. Bogosian
local boy zach bogosian gets to ride shotgun as the prduct of the same multi-player deal that brought us evander

Today's Nostradamus award goes to...LottoPlease. Yes, the rest of the lineup is mostly wrong, but like Nostradamus' believers, I choose to selectively ignore those pesky items. Well done on the multiplayer deal!!!

:handclap:

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
In 2015 hopefully Hodgson has developed to where he can be our top line center while the young guys develop... Maybe have McDavid play on his wing for a year (if we somehow landed him...). And hopefully Grigs will have developed into something, even if it's a scoring winger.

McDavid-Hodgson-Grigorenko
Girgensons-Reinhart-Armia
Foligno-Larson-Vet
Vet-Kea-Kaleta

I'd love to get a couple hustle type vets for the 3rd and 4th lines. A true checking forward to play with Larson would be great.

I don't know about d pairings, but without any trades, it'll be:
LD: Erhoff, Zaradov, and McCabe
RD: Myers, Pysyk, and Risto

I feel like I should have my posting credentials revoked for how whole off this was :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad