Line Combos: What does our D look like with Meszaros?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm really surprised more people don't want to give Miller a shot in the last 20 games as a top 4 guy. He's essentially been flawless playing bottom pairing minutes, why not give him a shot in the top 4? It might allow you to pair Chara and Boychuk together.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Anyone got the holy water and growth hormone ready for Seids?

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Chara - Boychuk
Meszaros - Hamilton
Krug - Miller

(but I'd rather have Bart instead of Krug)

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Chara - Boychuk
Meszaros - Hamilton
Krug - Miller

(but I'd rather have Bart instead of Krug)

Why would you want Bart? Krug gives you everything we need offensively. You don't sit him for Bart. In fact, you don't sit him period. He makes all the difference with our team. Bart's been good. But not enough to sit him for Krug.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Why would you want Bart? Krug gives you everything we need offensively. You don't sit him for Bart. In fact, you don't sit him period. He makes all the difference with our team. Bart's been good. But not enough to sit him for Krug.

I am pretty sure the two Dmen who have definite spots are. Chara as 1st pairing left side and Krug as third pairing left side-Bart may do some things better than Krug but Krug is the engine that makes the PP better.

I think Boychuk and Hamilton both have definite right side slots and Bart, Miller, and Meszaros fight it out for the last two slots.

Potter IMO is likely pure depth but I figure they will give him a few games.

captain stone

Jul 10, 2004
Hershey PA

I agree (not as much with the Bart's been good part), although I am intrigued with a Hamilton-Mezz pairing.
If Hamilton is to be the lynchpin of the defense beginning the latter half of the decade, then he needs to be
able to carry somebody like Mezz, who is a LH shot, has experience, but also has issues.

How about these pairings, for all the Bartkowski lovers:
Chara - Bartkowski
Mezz - Hamilton
Krug - Boychuk

Bartkowski has the speed that Chara doesn't, and Chara can help rescue Bartkowski after he coughs up
another D zone turnover.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
After seeing it the last couple of games, it looks the same. Didn't we get someone or something at the deadline? Weird, because I don't recall seeing him play yet...:laugh:

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
So you guys still feel the same about dougie? He's benched today. Yes he had a rough game but it seems like he doesn't get the same leeway as the others if he has a bad game

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Here is my rotation for the playoffs.

McQuaid's availablility is the unknown. If he can't play Miller steps in for him.

Chara - Boychuk
Meszaros - Hamilton
Krug - McQuaid (Miller)

Bartkowski - Miller
Potter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad