Line Combos: What does our D look like with Meszaros?

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
It all depends on McQuaid coming back or not. I think he plays with Chara at first. Sliding Dougie down.

Chara - Mez
Boychuck - Dougie
Krug - Bart

I like that Defensive and offensive guy on each line.

Last edited:

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Here's all the potential combos I can see. Only Wasrofsky and Potter have no chance at cracking the top 6 come playoff time, which should be great for competition.

1: Chara-Hamilton/Boychuk/Mezaros
2: Bartkowski/Mezaros-Boychuk/Hamilton
3: Krug-Miller/McQuaid
4: Mezaros/Bartkowski-McQuaid/Miller
5: Warsofsky-Potter

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It all depends on McQuaid coming back or not. I think he plays with Chara at first. Sliding Dougie down.

Chara - Mez
Boychuck - Dougie
Krug - Bart

I like that Defensive and offensive guy on each line.

All guys are the same hand on each pairing there. If you went with this it might be more realistic:

Chara-Mez
Bart-Boychuk
Krug-Hamilton

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I think we see:

Chara-Hamilton
Mez-Boychuk
Krug-Bart
Miller/Potter

until McQuaid is healthy. Then Bart is our 7th guy. If that doesn't work out, play him with Chara... Z-Mez, Bart-Boychuk, Krug-Hamilton. Or rotate all of them throughout the game. But I think we'll see that.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
A huge part of me things Mcquaid isn't returning this season.

I think Bart/Mezsaros/Miller fight it out.

Boychuk, Dougie, Krug aren't leaving the line up.

I would like to see Bart and Boychuk separated-for some reason that pairing is just scary.

iiBruins17*

I'd do

Chara-Meszaros
Boychuk-Dougie
Krug-Miller/Mcquaid
Bartkowski

No way in ****ing hell would I put Krug and Bartkowski together

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I could picture the typical
Chara-Dougie
Mez-Boychuk
Krug-Miller/McQuaid

It also wouldn't shock me to see Shawn Thornton in the press box and Julien dress 7 D. Bart could then be thrown in the mix and Krug limited to PPs and offensive zone starts.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
chara will play a lot... and play with all the right side dmen.

krug/bartwoski will get whatever left side icetime is available behind chara and will probably be paired up with boychuck for a lot of it

im guessing the most common pairs will be
chara with Hamilton/Meszorov
bartowski with boychuck

and the other 12-14 mins per night will be pp time where krug gets his ice... and ***** where we either have a big lead or need a comeback where krug also gets more icetime

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
All guys are the same hand on each pairing there. If you went with this it might be more realistic:

Chara-Mez
Bart-Boychuk
Krug-Hamilton

I wasn't thinking on handedness. In regards to ice time, could Dougie be the one scratched come playoff time?

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I just hope Mes feels rejuvenated and raises his game. One of the more favorable systems for defensemen, he just might work out.

Going from Phi to Bos is pretty much a make-a-wish.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Chara - Hamilton
Meszaros - Boychuk
Krug - Miller
Bart/Potter

I don't feel completely terrible about this but it doesn't leave me super optimistic either.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Chara - Hamilton
Meszaros - Boychuk
Krug - Miller
Bart/Potter

I don't feel completely terrible about this but it doesn't leave me super optimistic either.

I put Bartkowski ahead of Krug. Meszaros (I wish they'd get guys whose names are easier to spell) is also offensive minded but more experienced than Krug. Bartkowski is better on D.

member 96824

It could look like

Chara-Mesz
Hamilton-Boychuk
Krug-Miller

It could also look identical to what it did yesterday

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I just hope Mes feels rejuvenated and raises his game. One of the more favorable systems for defensemen, he just might work out.

Going from Phi to Bos is pretty much a make-a-wish.

Yeah, the system does seem to be great for d-men, and it's been very rewarding for goalscoring in particular, which Mezaros may take advantage of. The only d-men that have really struggled over the past few years have been Kaberle and Corvo, and even then I wouldn't say they really struggled to a considerable degree.

Edit: *Meszaros lol. I've been spelling his name wrong forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad