What does Kucherov need to do to surpass Ovechkin and become the greatest Russian player to ever play in the NHL?

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Might have to do an awards sweep.
Like Ovechkin and McDavid did.

This is how you show you're the best of the best.

1713406604353.png

1713406574801.png

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Assuming Kucherov wins the Art-Ross/Hart/Lindsey this season (most deserving anyways), what else would he need to add to his resume to be able to catch OV and become the greatest Russian player to play in the league?

His playoff resume is already above OV's and you could now argue that his peak also is.
hypothetically given the choice ....I would pick kucherov over OV if I could have one of them on my team

Reactions: Seanaconda

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Olympic gold.

That was mostly a joke but I think Kucherov took too long to become the player he is for his legacy to be veiwed better than ovechkin, when ovi entered the league he was scoring 100 points right away.

Still the second best player of the Mcdavid era

crowfish

Jun 3, 2011
If he can string together 3 more seasons like this I think he can pass him. He has already won 2 Art Rosses in the McDavid era (Crosby only won 2 in the McDavidless era.) But I doubt casual fans will ever accept that Kucherov has passed him.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
oveckin whole careers paked infront opponent goal and noboty touching him. in pp he enjoying full minits of play and no marking. still as greyhere he fully playing over 20 min on game and all. feetspeed zero but this above method enjoyed from nhl headquarters i dont know why he is towarding 1000 goal line. granpa would also reaching every line this way. no way he top 50 in all time goalscorers list. please retire dont go 1000. not impressed by this

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad