Speculation: What does Ferland get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
he will cash in on a massive deal... and then pack it in

I don't see him packing it in at all. If anything, Ferland's issue is exactly the opposite: he'll go out there and play with an edge until he injures himself. And then he'll push himself to get back and do it to himself again.

When he was healthy, he was a huge physical addition to Carolina's lineup. But they just couldn't sit him down long enough to fully heal, or he wasn't able to fully heal during the season.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Reminds me of Beleskey years ago. That aside I'll guess he ends up back in Canada, Vancouver specifically.

6 years - 5.25 per

culturaldingo

Jan 15, 2019
Reminds me of Beleskey years ago. That aside I'll guess he ends up back in Canada, Vancouver specifically.

6 years - 5.25 per

That is literally the definition of a Benning contract right there. If Kevin Hayes got 7M, Ferland easily get's that I think. If there is a bidding war I could even see 6x7:help:

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Ferland is a perfect example of a player who will be horribly overpaid. A physical player who will decline fast, but even without the decline the contract will be so much that team that signs him will massively regret the contract very very soon.

He will probably get a Wilson type of contract. I think a Boone Jenner type of contract would be fair for him (4 x 3.75M).

Reactions: bbfan419

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I'm a big ferland fan but I'd hesitate to sign him for anything longer than 3-4 years. Guys like that don't have the most longevity, and his injury history is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad