What do you want to see this upcoming season?

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
What do you want to see the team do better, as a team, than last year?

I personally want them to be meaner. We are easily the toughest team in the NHL when it comes big intimidating forwards, but, they are only tough when pushed. We need to be the initiators, think Anaheim. The bear shouldn't need to be woken up, it's a god damn terrifying animal. Need less teddy bears and more grizzlies chasing down the other team. I think this would put us in a class with or above Anaheim, who I would say is still the best team in the West.

What do you guys think?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
What do you want to see the team do better, as a team, than last year?

I personally want them to be meaner. We are easily the toughest team in the NHL when it comes big intimidating forwards, but, they are only tough when pushed. We need to be the initiators, think Anaheim. The bear shouldn't need to be woken up, it's a god damn terrifying animal. Need less teddy bears and more grizzlies chasing down the other team. I think this would put us in a class with or above Anaheim, who I would say is still the best team in the West.

What do you guys think?

Well, I was playing NHL 18 for the first time against Calgary yesterday and within the first 2 periods, Gaudreau, Bennett and Lazar were all hit out of the game:laugh:

Either by Draisaitl or Maroon

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
More of a killer instinct. When we have a team down 2-1 or 3-1, keep the pedal to the metal and put them out of their misery.

I also want to see the Flames crushed, their fans driven before us, and hear the Lamentations of their analytics community.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
More of a killer instinct. When we have a team down 2-1 or 3-1, keep the pedal to the metal and put them out of their misery.

I also want to see the Flames crushed, their fans driven before us, and hear the Lamentations of their analytics community.

Agree on killer instinct. Maybe that comes with maturity.

Also would like to see Talbot win a vezina. He's underrated as is. Maybe he would get more recognition.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
McDavid and Leon scoring 200 points each. Lucic and RNH with 100.

Everyone else scoring <20 to keep their contract values down.

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
Visiting teams leaving Edmonton with their tails between their legs. 5-1 poundings...and beating Vancouver in the season series with a combined score of 28-4.

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land
I hope they use their offense to score their way through problems on all 4 lines at home. Other than that, make the playoffs again and learn from last year.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

This.

Would add we seem to go easy on weaker teams. Play down to them and up to tougher teams. More of a killer instinct will go a long ways in our division.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Benning successfully stepping into the top 4 to create a great second pairing with Russell !

Also I'd love to see a third line of JJ- RNH - Poolparty light it up

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I want them to make the playoffs, which will be very difficult with the current roster.

I agree with the sentiment. "very difficult" might be too bold a word choice though.

They are a good team but significantly far from a finished product, IMO. With the state of the pacific they should be reasonably expected to make the playoffs.

Games must be played first, of course.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
- For Strome to be at least as useful as Eberle.
- To see Hopkins be better so that his trade value at least doesn't go down.
- To not see Slepyshev or Caggiula slump
- To see one of Benning or Nurse clearly hit the next level and prove themselves worthy of 2nd pairing minutes.
- To see Brossioit play at least 18 games
- To see the Oilers go deeper in the playoffs.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Depth offense. We were too much of a one line team last year. If we could have a good spread of offense, both from the bottom 9 forwards and from the defense, then it will be meaningful progress from last year.

And I would like to see Brossoit become a great back up, allowing Talbot to play fewer games.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Better team defence - not relying on Talbot to bail us out.

Less games for Talbot.

thalegion

Apr 13, 2010
Edmonton
What makes you say that? The roster isn't that different from last year minus the Eberle for Strome trade.

SJ, ANA and LA are getting older.
Van and LV are going to be basement dwellers.

Take away their second best d man till November December. Give the 8.5 million dollar man and maroon average shooting percentages and account for not having as close to a healthy season as we did last year. Too many things worked luckily in our favour last season that a repeat will be difficult while including a downgrade on rw and the guarantee that Russell will look even worse without Sekera sheltering him.

This was the season to improve our roster and we failed to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad