What do you think the reason is that certain players built for the postseason choked in the playoffs?

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
You can't really prove that, and I proved it by posting proof of him putting up 7 points in 2 games. Also I remember watching the games, he was terrible.

I can remember 2010 and that series. Other than the numbers 10 points in 7 games, Ovechkin posted 6, 8, and 10 shots in Games 5-7. That's 10 shots in Game 7. Incredible. This is why Halak was such a legend from that series, because the Caps threw everything but the kitchen sink at him. I can remember this because Crosby had won his Cup in 2009 and then the Olympic gold in 2010 and then Ovechkin is bounced out in the first round while Crosby coasted to a win in the first round. The shots in Game 7 were 42-16. You can't get more David vs. Goliath than that. I checked Ovechkin's stats in the 2010 season and he only had 4 other games where he got at least 10 shots. I can vividly remember in that game knowing full well that there wasn't anything more humanly possible a player could do in order to win a game. It was seriously that lopsided.
Atam Oates played with much more intensity than Joe Thornton.

In a quiet way he did, yes. But he certainly wasn't built for it. You figure that two great playmakers with great hockey minds would both thrive and the guy who is 6'4" 225lbs. might have an easier time. But he didn't.

Gorskyontario

Feb 18, 2024
I can remember 2010 and that series. Other than the numbers 10 points in 7 games, Ovechkin posted 6, 8, and 10 shots in Games 5-7. That's 10 shots in Game 7. Incredible. This is why Halak was such a legend from that series, because the Caps threw everything but the kitchen sink at him. I can remember this because Crosby had won his Cup in 2009 and then the Olympic gold in 2010 and then Ovechkin is bounced out in the first round while Crosby coasted to a win in the first round. The shots in Game 7 were 42-16. You can't get more David vs. Goliath than that. I checked Ovechkin's stats in the 2010 season and he only had 4 other games where he got at least 10 shots. I can vividly remember in that game knowing full well that there wasn't anything more humanly possible a player could do in order to win a game. It was seriously that lopsided.

Pardon me for not being impressed by him floating around shooting into Halak's chest.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Could someone change the thread title to 'Did Ovechkin suck in the 2010 playoffs?'.

(I remember, like, nine years ago when if the threads went way off-topic, the mods would shut them down. That was irritating, but this is even worse.)

I swear, with the endless ads on the site and the declining quality of certain posts on this forum, it's getting hard...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad