TSN: What do you think about the whole canadian division?

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Toronto has a better chance of making the playoffs now....1 Team less in this Div......

This may make leaf management look good...no matter still 1 less team with the top 4 making it....Dubas can count he is feeling it already..Playoffs...now if the leafs blow it..oh boy! i can hear it now

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Two of those were in OT/SO, and Montreal was playing rested against Toronto (backup goalies) on back-ends of back to backs.

Plus Toronto had to travel the night before every time, twice from the opposite side of the continent, once Columbus. Doubt Montreal gets served such a platter every single time this year.

Reactions: Alamo Leafer

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Plus Toronto had to travel the night before every time, twice from the opposite side of the continent, once Columbus. Doubt Montreal gets served such a platter every single time this year.

It wasn’t traveling from the other side of the Continent, they played teams from the other side of the continent, but the games were in Toronto, the night before, except for the Columbus game, and that game was the second game of the year, so they were not tired from a long season yet.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Not sure if this has been talked about, if so, I apologize.

Anyway, since no fans are allowed in buildings and TV ratings are essentially the be all and end all this year, what time will games be played?

Selfishly, I'd like to see all games involving Toronto/Montreal etc. played at 7 or 8 EST, even when on the West Coast.

Reactions: ACC1224

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Not sure if this has been talked about, if so, I apologize.

Anyway, since no fans are allowed in buildings and TV ratings are essentially the be all and end all this year, what time will games be played?

Selfishly, I'd like to see all games involving Toronto/Montreal etc. played at 7 or 8 EST, even when on the West Coast.

Agree on start time, but likely not happening, maybe on a Saturday night, but then they would likely show Sens/habs at 7, since all games are vs CDN teams, and show Leafs vs west at 10.
Could also see afternoon games on Saturday I guess, Hockey day in Canada every Saturday.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
It wasn’t traveling from the other side of the Continent, they played teams from the other side of the continent, but the games were in Toronto, the night before, except for the Columbus game, and that game was the second game of the year, so they were not tired from a long season yet.

When I looked at the schedule before it looked like they were away in SJ and ANA.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Agree on start time, but likely not happening, maybe on a Saturday night, but then they would likely show Sens/habs at 7, since all games are vs CDN teams, and show Leafs vs west at 10.
Could also see afternoon games on Saturday I guess, Hockey day in Canada every Saturday.

Another reason is simply for the fact that the Edmonton/Vancouver etc. fans will lose their collective minds, as they do on Toronto's annual West Coast trip.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
IDK if this has already been posted, but Edmonton is going to be without Klefbolm for the 2020-2021 season. That should work in our favour, considering he is arguably their top defenseman and their defense is already suspect as it is.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'd imagine teams are going to get pretty sick of one another if they are playing each other that often over a small timeframe, things might get a little spicy as the season progresses

I definitely know one thing, hfboards is going to be brutal, fans of those other Canadian teams don't like us in a normal season let alone this season :laugh:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This all Canadian division means one thing to me. Bragging rights! Thats it,Thats all. I don’t care who’s best and I don’t care about anything but coming out on top. That can be by a single point. Just win it :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad