Speculation: What do you predict Keller's new contract will look like?

AAV Range

• Total voters

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Someone brought it up in another thread and it made me think. Contract inflation is a real thing these days so it's kind of a scary thought. Any 8 year contract will take him to either 28 or 29 years old depending on which year we offer it, and I'm assuming he will be offered 8 years. I'm personally guess he's going to demand around 6-7M.

How much do you think the ask will be?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
He can write his own ticket right now because it's obvious he's the engine of the Coyotes. He will probably get Giroux style money, 8 years, 8-8.5m. Might depend on what happens with the CBA.

Reactions: lanky and RemoAZ

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
10 a year, because he's going to start putting up over 90 points.

Not really but I wanted to vote differently because I think 7-8 is by far the most likely and will end up with all of the votes.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
8 years at $58 M is an AAV of $7.25M.

I was north by $800k total over the life of the deal.

Time for futures Vegas bets...

Yeah, kudos. He traded those for some signing bonuses and no-trade clauses though, so you have an excuse.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I said 8+ but I figured it was going to be done next year not this. That was like 3 early contracts ago :laugh:

On average based on 40 votes we said Keller would get....................7.1 Million ( I used the .5s for each vote choice and called 8+ 8.25m).

TBH that's a little spooky between this and our point prediction average making it within 2 points of last season's finish. We need to lay down some bets.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
This thread was made prior to him having a dog **** season.

Having a dog shit season and still putting up 47 points on this jank ass team makes the contract look better, not worse.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It’s not his production that was the most worrying.
Keller did not have a good year. We know it, he knows it, management knows it. He had a sophomore slump year as many kids do. We have seen his talent, and we will see it again. Keller lost his confidence last year, which ALL players do from time to time, even the vets. We seem to forget that Keller is 21, a kid playing in the best league in the world.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Keller did not have a good year. We know it, he knows it, management knows it. He had a sophomore slump year as many kids do. We have seen his talent, and we will see it again. Keller lost his confidence last year, which ALL players do from time to time, even the vets. We seem to forget that Keller is 21, a kid playing in the best league in the world.
I haven’t forgot. I’m not terribly worried about this extension. I think there are good odds that he recovers form and makes this a great contract.

His compete level last season was very worrying. To dismiss this entirely and act as though it doesn’t add a notable amount of risk to this signing is a bit Pollyanna.

Dvorak and Chychrun have struggled with injuries their whole careers. That’s a risk that shouldn’t be ignored.

Schmaltz has a serious sample-size issue. We all acknowledge that.

I don’t think Keller deserves to have his compete issues last season forgotten until he does actually bounce back.

Anyway, I think it’s a good gamble with good odds of paying off smartly.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad