What do you perfer?

Happy Pony

Jan 17, 2006
Columbus
Depends on the style (I'm a lefty). If I'm driving to the net I prefer the left side (use my body as a shield). If I'm floating, the right side. Also the right side on the power play.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I'm a right shot and I usually play left wing. Easier to get a shot off quick on the pass. Sometimes I do switch. It's much easier to pass on your proper wing.

slade

Jan 4, 2007
18 Winspear Ltd.
OFF WING by leaps and bounds. the amount of options passing or shooting are endless. cut inside, go wide, curl back...its alot more comfortable for me personally.

you have one timers at your disposal- and one on one seems like a more viable option as well.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I'm fine with either, though I'd say LH on the RW is my favorite. Only thing I hate about that set up is taking the breakout pass from your own zone is a pain sometimes when you gotta receive it on your backhand.

Redden Hogalot*

LH on RW, but I play LH on LW. Its just easier recieving passes and breaking out of my own end.

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
I'm a right shot and I usually play left wing. Easier to get a shot off quick on the pass. Sometimes I do switch. It's much easier to pass on your proper wing.

That's what I've found as well so I'll play a different position depending on what is needed from me. If I'm the better finisher on a line, I'll play left wing (my off wing) where I can get open for one timers more often. If I need to set other guys up more, I play right wing where passing feels more natural and if other people are crashing the net on a rush, I can take a slapshot more in stride and try and cause a rebound (or score, pending on the angle I've got).

When it comes down to preference though, I prefer playing on my off wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad