What do you hope the roster looks like in 2 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
For me im hoping:

Anisimov
Atkinson
Calvert
Johanson
Foglino
Giles
Brassard
Dubinsky
Chaput
JAM
Jenner
Zaar
one of MacKinnon/Drouin/Barkov
one of Mantha/Hartman/Dickinson

Jack Johnson
John Moore
James Wisneiwski
David Savaard
Ryan Murray
Tim Erixon
one of Nitkin/Tyutin/Goloubef

Bobrovsky
one of Dansk/Forsberg
one of Korpisalo/Ouellette

for many reasons 1 it means our prospects/draft picks are panning out, a ton of young talent and a young overall team that would be exciting to watch

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'll play! The way I see it, we're 2-3 moves and the 2013-2014 Draft away from being a really good team. We need a big, bodied power forward to be our 1st line LW (ironic, isn't it?), a sniper at RW and a proven NHL goaltender. I'm factoring in that somehow we'll get screwed out of the #1 pick in the next draft.

Traded: Umberger, Nikitin, Boll, Letestu, Savard, Wiz or Tyutin (best value here!)
Retired: Prospal, Aucoin
Not resigned: Mason

Aleksander Barkov - Johansen - Atkinson
Foligno - Brassard - Anisimov
Dubinsky - Jenner - Acquired NHL Sniper
Calvert - Max Domi- Dorsett
JAM/Zaar

Jack Johnson
John Moore
James Wisneiwski or Fedor Tyutin
Ryan Murray
Tim Erixon
Reilly/Prout/Holden/Weber

Proven NHL goaltender
Bobrovsky
one of Dansk/Forsberg/York (these guys are really 3 years away from being NHL ready)

Last edited:

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Traded: Brass, Umberger, Savard, tyutin, nikitin
Not resigned: Mason, Boll

Atkinson- Mackinnon- free agent playmaker
Adam erne- Johansen - Anisimov
Dubinsky - Jenner - free agent
Calvert - tj tynan- Dorsett

Jack Johnson- John Moore
James Wisneiwski-tim erixon
Ryan Murray-Shutdown physical D

Proven NHL goaltender
Bobrovsky

Just threw this together as a model of what I'd like to see

CBJFan19*

Jan 22, 2013
[no JAM? Tynan over Chaput? Murrau only a third line guy?B]QUOTE=alphafox;58316367]Traded: Brass, Umberger, Savard, tyutin, nikitin
Not resigned: Mason, Boll

Atkinson- Mackinnon- free agent playmaker
Adam erne- Johansen - Anisimov
Dubinsky - Jenner - free agent
Calvert - tj tynan- Dorsett

Jack Johnson- John Moore
James Wisneiwski-tim erixon
Ryan Murray-Shutdown physical D

Proven NHL goaltender
Bobrovsky

Just threw this together as a model of what I'd like to see[/QUOTE]

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'll also add that I don't see any free agents worth having coming here in the next two years.

was saving this for the free agent thread when it is started but how about:

Atkinson-Getzlaff-Perry
MacKinnon-Joey-2013/2014 draft offensive powerhouse (maybe jam)
Foligno-Jenner-Anisimov
Calvert-Dubinsky-Dorsett
Boll/other tough guy

Murray-Moore
Johnson-Erixon
Tyutin-Nikitin
Savard or other D prospect

Great goaltender
Great backup

Trade a bunch of Brass,Umberger,Wis for prospects and picks

Retired: Prospal & Aucoin

MIA- Mason (same as past 3+ years)

Gone but not forgotten: MacKenzie, Letestu, Gilles,

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I would like for them to look like the 1984 Edmonton Oilers.

Realistic? No, but that is what I want the team to look like in 2 years.

Stretch Factor

Jun 26, 2007
I'll play too.

I've been saying I want a team that would make Burgess Meredith proud- "eats lighting and craps thunder". I think this team is on its way to that, but we need a few more skill pieces and a shutdown defender. I would think at least two of the new spots below could be filled in the 2013 draft. The others will come from current prospects and new acquisitions.

Out (for various reasons)- Umberger, Brassard, Prospal, Aucoin, Tyutin, Nikitin, Mason, Boll, Letestu, Savard, Mackenzie

In-Atkinson, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Foligno, Dorsett, Moore, Erixon, Murray, Johnson, Wiz,

Here's the new lineup-
(NG=New Guy)

NG NG NG
Foligno Johan Atkinson
Dubinsky Boone Anisimov
Calvert NG Dorsett

Johnson NG
Wiz Murray
Erixon Moore

NG
Bob

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
1st liner-1st liner-1st liner
2nd liner-2nd liner-2nd liner
3rd liner-3rd liner-3rd liner

Top 2-Top 2
Top 4-Top 4
Top 4-Top 6

Capable Goalie
Capable Backup

Something like that! I think we might actually compete then...

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
1st liner-1st liner-1st liner
2nd liner-2nd liner-2nd liner

Top 2-Top 2
Top 4-Top 4
Top 4-Top 6

Capable Goalie
Capable Backup

Something like that! I think we might actually compete then...

Someone get this guy a job in the organization!

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I'll play too.

I've been saying I want a team that would make Burgess Meredith proud- "eats lighting and craps thunder". I think this team is on its way to that, but we need a few more skill pieces and a shutdown defender. I would think at least two of the new spots below could be filled in the 2013 draft. The others will come from current prospects and new acquisitions.

Out (for various reasons)- Umberger, Brassard, Prospal, Aucoin, Tyutin, Nikitin, Mason, Boll, Letestu, Savard, Mackenzie

In-Atkinson, Anisimov, Dubinsky, Foligno, Dorsett, Moore, Erixon, Murray, Johnson, Wiz,

Here's the new lineup-
(NG=New Guy)

NG NG NG
Foligno Johan Atkinson
Dubinsky Boone Anisimov
Calvert NG Dorsett

Johnson NG
Wiz Murray
Erixon Moore

NG
Bob

I went back and forth on whether to keep Brassard. It all depends on what kind of value he can deliver.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Bobby Ryan - McKinnon -FA Signing
Foligno - Joey - Atkinson
Dubinsky - Jenner - Anisimov
Calvert - Chaput - Dorsett
VET

JJ-Murray
Wiz-Moore
Erixon-Prout
Weber

Proven NHL goaltender
Bobrovsky

Out - Umby, Brass, Boll, Letstu, JAM, Savard
In - Ryan, McKinnon, FA RW, Jenner, Chaput, FA Vet, Tyutin, Nikitin

Last edited:

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Your missing getting rid of Tyutin and Nikitin fro.

I care not to try and predict something that I have no possibility of doing so but it is interesting seeing others do so.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I was thinking that the other day too! He could be our Holmstrom. Heaven knows no one else on the team is going to the dirty places to score.

4 games in,that seems to one thing Foligno does extremely well.

The bigger issue is getting the puck to these dirty areas...

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I'll also add that I don't see any free agents worth having coming here in the next two years.
Well Perry/Getzlaf would be nice but we have no shot. I wouldn't mind Derek Roy. Also, even with the log jam on D, I wouldn't mind Smid if we can ship some of our current defensemen's for forwards/picks. As for the goalies, Howard and Backstrom are good UFA's. Backstrom is getting up their in age so sign him to a short term deal and let Bobrovsky develop under him. Then when Backstrom's contract is up, hopefully Bob is ready.

2014 UFA's, lots available but we have no shot/could be signed with the current team(Lundqvist,Miller,Halak,Hiller, Malkin,Vanek,Statsny, etc)

I wonder if JD can convince Halak to join us? Would the Blues keep Elliot and trade Halak? Would they just keep both?

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Well Perry/Getzlaf would be nice but we have no shot. I wouldn't mind Derek Roy. Also, even with the log jam on D, I wouldn't mind Smid if we can ship some of our current defensemen's for forwards/picks. As for the goalies, Howard and Backstrom are good UFA's. Backstrom is getting up their in age so sign him to a short term deal and let Bobrovsky develop under him. Then when Backstrom's contract is up, hopefully Bob is ready.

2014 UFA's, lots available but we have no shot/could be signed with the current team(Lundqvist,Miller,Halak,Hiller, Malkin,Vanek,Statsny, etc)

In my dream, we trade Umby, Brass & maybe Wis to free up 13 mill or so. Split it evenly and who knows? mason frees up a mill or so (after signing a replacement backup). Might work. Definitely be a big offensive upgrade.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
I'm still irritated that we didn't pick Galchenyuk. I thought picking Murray was more of a risk than a reward. We don't have really dynamic offensive threat, even from the rosters listed in two years. Our offensive cupboards are bare, but we're overflowing with defense. Bringing up what our roster will look like in two years, it becomes more aggravating what it could have looked like in two years with Johan and Galchenyuk down the middle.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Good FA's might consider coming here with JD calling the shots and he sends Howson packing.

I'm sure that's it. The guy who had zero NHL front office experience six years ago and has never been a GM will take over and everything will magically and immediately be better.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Well, when I say no free agents worth having would come here, it's not being negative. That's a good thing if it forces us to draft well and develop our own. Stop trying to land a savior - names like Fedorov, Richardson, LaChance, Foote and Jeff Carter are as much of our problem as all those names of 1st round busts frequently thrown around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad