What do my people think?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yet out of those team's, Raleigh won a cup 12 years ago, Jackets have been a playoff team lately, and Ottawa has been in the final. It seems they've attracted enough

I'm not saying small market, less attractive options are always going to fail. There's ways around that disadvantage, with Carolina they nabbed a franchise centerman at #1 in Eric Staal. Ottawa's always had a good track record with drafting, and I'm guessing Columbus too. Now with Edmonton, we f*** up the oppurtunities we have, but my point still stands, we like other small market teams are going to be at a disadvantage to the more attractive cities. Now I think Edmonton even compared to those teams have it worse in free agency attraction.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Plan the parade Toronto.
Oilers fans have other things to worry about right now and I'm sure Auston is embarrassed by these fanboy articles 5 games into a season.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I'm not saying small market, less attractive options are always going to fail. There's ways around that disadvantage, with Carolina they nabbed a franchise centerman at #1 in Eric Staal. Ottawa's always had a good track record with drafting, and I'm guessing Columbus too. Now with Edmonton, we **** up the oppurtunities we have, but my point still stands, we like other small market teams are going to be at a disadvantage to the more attractive cities. Now I think Edmonton even compared to those teams have it worse in free agency attraction.

Agreed
I think we are on the same page. More challenging yes. Impossible? No.
But you're right in implying that teams / cities need to use what advantages they have. For instance in Edmonton, you've got to market Conner McD, the incredible fan base, etc. It's why I think the glory day busboys are always paraded. It's are only seeing points.

Ponderung this, I was thinking about Tampa Bay. If all players didn't care about locations, logistics, family, fans, spotlight, etc, why wouldn't they all be chomping at the bit to play there?
Incredible weather, goid team, structure, fantastic tax breaks, the list goes on!

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
My thoughts on the constant spam of Matthews vs McDavid because Toronto's put together an impressive scoring cast:

6JW8OXm.gif

Reactions: LaGu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad