What direction do you take after this season?

_vivelequebec_

Mar 5, 2007
Montréal
We have Tinordi, Beaulieu, Andrighetto and De La Rose who can move up in the big club.

We need to find a good replacement to Vanek. Trading Bourque will get us some money. Of course we need Eller, Bournival, Weise, Galchenyuk and Gallagher to confirm their place in the NHL. Subban needs to be the Subban of the series. Don't resign Cube, Gionta, Parros and Murray. Keep Price and Budaj, the best duo in the NHL.

We can win the East with this club.

Last edited:

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
Tinordi and Beaulieu should get constant minutes in big club next year. If these kids come real deal, we have good d-core years to come with Subban.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
The truth is cap wise if you want Vanek in the line up somebody else beside Gionta will have to go. Either you trade somebody for picks or let Markov walk. You might have to do both anyway since Subban is gonna get seriously paid.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
What direction do you take after this season? who comes back? who does not come back? who do you build around?

Me...

Pacioretty - Deharnais - Gallagher
XXXXX - Galchenyuk - Gionta
Prust - Plekanec - Bourque
Bournival - Eller - Weise
Moen

Markov - Emelin
Subban - Weaver
Beaulieu - Gorges
Tinordi

Price
Budaj

I would de-smurf: Trade dd. Do not re-sign Gio, Bouillon or Weaver. Briere we may be stuck with, Gallagher is a keeper.

Our C:
Galchenyuk
Plekanec
Eller
White

Wingers, try to sign Vanek, try Weise on the 3rd line RW he's big, gritty, fast and young. Let him compete for a top-six role.

On D, bring up Tinordi and/or Beaulieu to start, Pateryn is a rhs I'd give him a long look on the 3rd pairing.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Why do people still have DD as the 1st line center. I mean, we're improving the team, aren't we?

The 1st line center spot needs to be upgraded whether it's with someone on the team or elsewhere. If Max can't play with any other center not named DD then he can be traded. I have no idea what coddling him does for his dvelopment as a top line player.

Secondly, Beaullieu and Tinordi need to play. They should have played this year but MT has no choice but to play them. Bye bye Bouillion and Murray. I'd like to sign Weaver too.

Gotta figure out what to do with a bunch of players like Briere, Moen, Prust, Gionta, Bourque, White, etc.

Unless he takes a hometown discount, I'd rather not re-sign Vanek.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
There is no sense in starting De La Rose in the NHL. People can stop posting that. We do not NEED him in the NHL and his development won't be hurt by playing in Hamilton. Let him develop and adjust to NA hockey.

I think Desharnais is either traded for a larger player with significantly less skill and impact, or moved for another small skilled player that plays a different position.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
The direction where Galchenyuk is a center :nod:

Something like

Vanek - Galchenyuk- Gallagher
MaxPac - Desharnais - ????
Prust - Plekanec - Bournival
Bourque - Eller - Weise
Briere

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Weaver

Price
Budaj

Last edited:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
What direction do you take after this season? who comes back? who does not come back? who do you build around?

Me...

Pacioretty - Deharnais - Gallagher
XXXXX - Galchenyuk - Gionta
Prust - Plekanec - Bourque
Bournival - Eller - Weise
Moen

Markov - Emelin
Subban - Weaver
Beaulieu - Gorges
Tinordi

Price
Budaj

What is the obsession with starting the off season?

Can't people just enjoy the playoffs and have the team keep winning?

Plus, what happens next year will be impacted on what happens tomorrow night in Boston. If the team gets to the CF or SCF, MB will be less likely to make big moves.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Desharnais

for

Damien Brunner
Gabriel Bourque
Cam Atkinson
Jiri Hudler

Ryan Ellis?

It's tough to gauge his value. I think we'd be on the losing end of just about any deal.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Patch - DD - Vanek
Galch - Plek - Gallagher
Bourque - Eller - Bournival
Prust - Brière - Weise
Moen

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Weaver
Nygren

Pretty sure that's what's going to happen.

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
I think I'd consider pursuing Stastny if we can't keep Vanek at something reasonable.

Stastny
Plekanec
Eller/Galchenyuk (loser goes to 2nd line LW).

Ship out Desharnais. Use his money for a RW like Radim Vrbata who is a proven goal scorer in a defensive system.

Ship out Bourque.

FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Paul Stastny ($7.000m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.685m)
Alex Galchenyuk ($0.925m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Radim Vrbata ($4.000m)
Michael Bournival ($0.660m) / Lars Eller ($2.500m) / Daniel Winnik ($2.500m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Daniel Briere ($4.000m) / Dale Weise ($1.001m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Ryan White ($0.735m)

DEFENSEMEN
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($7.750m)
Andrei Markov ($5.500m) / Alexei Emelin ($4.100m)
Nathan Beaulieu ($0.925m) / Mike Weaver ($1.500m)
Jarred Tinordi ($0.870m) /

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.400m)

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Max Pacioretty - David Desharnais - Thomas Vanek
Alex Galchenyuk - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Rene Bourque - Lars Eller - Michael Bournival
Travis Moen - Brandon Prust - Dale Weise
- Ryan White

Josh Gorges - PK Subban
Andrei Markov - Mike Weaver
Alexei Emelin - Nathan Beaulieu
- Nygren/Tinordi/Pateryn

To be honest though, I really want to see Galchenyuk at center, it would be nice if we could trade DD to get rid of the backlog there.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Perron - Plekanec - Gally (high OFF IQ & compete level, smallish but fast & talented line)
Bickell - Galch - Yakupov (talented, "soft minute" line --> off zone starts/soft QOC usage)
Bournival - Eller - Gionta (#1 shut down line, speed, high compete level)
Prust - Gaustad - Weise (elite 4th line: Grit, size, F/O, work ethic & can play~14min/game)
(Andri/DLR)

Gorges - Subban (shut-down pairing)
Markov - Emelin (solid, dependable, all situations)
Beaulieu - Rozsival (veteran guidance + young talent)
Tinordi

Price (all-world #1 goalie)
Budaj

------------------------
To Edm
Pacioretty
Bourque
Moen

To Mtl
Yakupov
Perron

Mtl gets 2 offensively gifted, young top-6 fwds, both with logical ties to the team (Perron - productive franchophone, yakupov - Galch history). Shed some immediate salary in the process.

Edmonton gets 2 large framed top-6 wingers and heart & soul veteran bottom six player. Patches is one of the better value contracts in the league, Bourque is egnimatic, but has regional ties to Edm and possibly a great fit for a team with an abundance of offensive talent (so his scoring slumps aren't as prominent). Moen provides veteran leadership.

------------------------

To Chi
White
Leblanc
3rd 2014

To Mtl
Bickell
Rozsival

Mtl gets 2 veteran players with solid size. Bickell provides needed size/toughness to the top-9, Rozsival provides a RH bottom-pairing veteran to play with either Tinordi/Beaulieu.

Chicago sheds salary while adding solid 4th line C, decent prospect and a pick. gaining cap space while adding 1, possibly 2, immediate roster players allows them flexibility to aggressively pursue 2nd line C needs via UFA or trade.

----------------------

To Nash
Desharnais

To Mtl
Gaustad

Mtl gets large body/tough 4th line C who is very strong in F/O.

Nash gets offensively gifted, one-dimensional top-6 C.

Both teams get a player overpaid for their role/capacity who better fits their roster needs (than departing player)… relatively similar cap hits & term (DD owed 10.5 over 3 more years, Gaustad owed 7M over 2 years)

----------------------

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What I'd do,

Fire the coach.

Re-sign Vanek. PK gets his deal. Markov gets a two year deal.
Tinordi and Beaulieu are in, Cube and Murray are gone. Weaver stays as 7th blueliner.
DD, Briere, Parros are all gone. (Briere goes to Buffalo for a 8th rounder)
Galchenyuk, Eller are given much more opportunity at center. Share number one role, best linemates and PP time.
Maybe trade picks or prospects to upgrade at forward. (Center if Eller/Gally can't handle it)

What will happen:

MT is given an extension and is our coach for probably two more years.
Tinordi is in and out of the lineup. Beaulieu and Weaver are the bottom pairing.
Briere is gone. So is Parros and Murray. Cube is probably signed to a one year deal but doesn't see much ice.
DD is our number one center.
Galchenyuk is played on the wing most of the time.
Eller will be our 3rd line center without much offensive opportunity and maybe gets dealt.
Markov is signed for 3 years.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
What I'd do,

Fire the coach.

Re-sign Vanek. PK gets his deal. Markov gets a two year deal.
Tinordi and Beaulieu are in, Cube and Murray are gone. Weaver stays as 7th blueliner.
DD, Briere, Parros are all gone. (Briere goes to Buffalo for a 8th rounder)
Galchenyuk, Eller are given much more opportunity at center. Share number one role, best linemates and PP time.
Maybe trade picks or prospects to upgrade at forward. (Center if Eller/Gally can't handle it)

What will happen:

MT is given an extension and is our coach for probably two more years.
Tinordi is in and out of the lineup. Beaulieu and Weaver are the bottom pairing.
Briere is gone. So is Parros and Murray. Cube is probably signed to a one year deal but doesn't see much ice.
DD is our number one center.
Galchenyuk is played on the wing most of the time.
Eller will be our 3rd line center without much offensive opportunity and maybe gets dealt.
Markov is signed for 3 years.

Pretty well reflects what I hope will happen, and what I think will actually happen.

A big question may be how MT and MB relate at the helm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad