What could have been

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Iginla choosing Pittsburgh and Seidenberg getting hurt are the two that really kill me, because we could have 1 or 2 more Cups. Would we probably have 2 more Cups? No, but I bet if both Iginla and Seidenberg went Boston's way they get one in one of those two years.

Lucic and Chong

Mar 11, 2010
On a positive note, letting Guerin walk after his original stint with the Bruins resulted in us receiving the 45th overall pick as compensation, which of course the Bruins used to select a man by the name of Patrice Bergeron:yo:
Which is nice! I expect Bergeron to remain a Bruin for the remainder of his career.

Soooo...the Bruins should have matched the LUDICROUS 5YR-45M contract the Stars gave him?
That they subsequently regretted and bought him out?

Why would a team that has a player under contract have to match anything?

But yeah, even assuming you can't write a better contract than that, why not? Somebody will pay for goal scorers in their prime, but it's usually not the Bruins. Anyway, I thought Guerin acquitted himself pretty well as a Bruin and am happy enough with that.

I will say, the fact that the Stars bought him out is just as relevant as his later captaincy and Stanley Cup, if we are talking "what would have happened if he remained a Bruin?" universe.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I`m guessing the Guerin thing happens far more than any of us will ever know, deals falling through at the last minute or a GM gets cold feet etc..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad