Post-Game Talk: What Comes After Dumpster Fire? Oilers lose 3-1

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Eakins would call that one a solid win. Corsi'd the crap out of them!

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
I'm not gonna lie....the rangers are a lucky ****ing team. We dominated them from the moment we got down 3-1 and they barely survived off of raanta's lucky bs saves and unlucky bounces. **** I hate nights like these.

Anyone who thinks we played like garbage is a ****ing idiot. We played well but we couldn't ****ing score and we need to start scoring ASAP

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
This team infuriates me.

"We ran into a hot goalie." Umm.. No. No finishers on this team. No one can pick a corner on the shot. It's either in the crest or hitting the glass behind the net.

Benning, Talbot, McDavid, Pitlick, Sekera I thought played well. Everyone else was just there.

Get two teams on back half of back to backs on come up with 0 points. Unacceptable.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
You're giving too much credit. It was 3-1.

Limit McDavid and the other team most likely wins.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Good: Sekera-Benning, McDavid
Bad to invisible: Everybody

Constantly in the offensive zone but not doing anything with it, and mostly just because, once again, they gifted the other team an easy lead. If that game is tied or the Oilers are in the lead the Rangers don't just sit back like that.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
There's nothing special about this team. They're just average and will probably finish 10th in the West.
Forwards? Average
Defense? Average
Goaltending? Average

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
First game I've seen in a week. Seems like I didn't miss much while I was gone.

One player team. We'll be lucky to get out of the month at .500

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
October was fun.

Welcome to November hockey. Welcome back to......reality.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Once again, a garbage start sinks them. This is the theme all season with these slow starts and now it's catching up to them, that's a coaching issue IMO. They played fine otherwise but it's hard to play catch up in this league.
Somebody other than the McDavid line has to do something, ANYTHING.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Went through a stretch where Talbot was outplaying the other goalie every night and we were winning. Now he is getting outplayed and we are losing. Pretty much all that is going on right now.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
We lost this one in the first two minutes of the game. Two teams in a row on the second half of back to backs, and we get outworked, and outplayed.

It was fun to be a good team while it lasted. This team sucks a butt. But at least we have some delicious moral victories to chew on.

This team should be...

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
It's impossible to score on good veteran teams when they decide to start playing anti-hockey.

As such, it's very very hard to win in this league when you don't score the first goal.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
this team flat out sucks. I cannot wait to trade Eberle. and regarding nuge, its clear he is no offensive dynamo that he looked like his first couple years. He's going to be a 2 way 40 point C rest of his life.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
needless to say, Tuesday will be a potential pivot point for the division. We play Anaheim. SJ plays the Canes. We potentially fall in a hurry. If there's a look-in-the-mirror moment it has to come soon.

Is Davidson coming back soon?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Went through a stretch where Talbot was outplaying the other goalie every night and we were winning. Now he is getting outplayed and we are losing. Pretty much all that is going on right now.

Talbot is just average.

Once again, a garbage start sinks them. This is the theme all season with these slow starts and now it's catching up to them, that's a coaching issue IMO. They played fine otherwise but it's hard to play catch up in this league.
Somebody other than the McDavid line has to do something, ANYTHING.

There hasn't been a coach that has been able to get this team off and running. The players are never ready to play. None of them are. I don't blame the coaching staff for this. If you're not ready to play hockey then leave the NHL.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
This is what happens when you don't capitalise. I have never seen a team flub so many perfect opportunities. The whole team needs to learn to shoot the ****ing puck.

I know it isn't easy to score in the NHL, but too many perfect opportunities were blown. Zero conversion. Lose games. What a shock.

Raanta scrambled his way to victory. When the Oilers had chances that take skill (Sekera hitting the side of the net, Draisaitl at the end), no-one got anything done. It wasn't getting stoned. It was not hitting the right spots with shots. A lot of talent but no useful snipers.
When the goalie gives you space, you need to convert on it.

The team still has lots of chances. They cannot score though.

At least McLellan seems to have moved from Lucic to Eberle. Next will be Draisaitl. Hopefully he can get everyone coming to play.

This loss stings because I could have scored to tie it at 2. Sekera managed not to. And it kept happening. Shooter tutors. Put them up and make everyone spend an hour ripping shots into the corners. Prove a point. You can't win with a team of Jason Blakes.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Once a loser, always a loser. I'm actually getting pretty disinterested in this team and it's only November.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad