What brand/ model of goalie mask is used by most of the NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedK

Dec 2, 2002
Visit site
Most pro-level goalie masks are hand-crafted to fit the goalie. Many use Warwicks. Some use itechs, though most are different from the Itech masks off the shelf. There are a few other miscellaneous mask makers out there that have had some NHL representation like Tony Priolo, Dominick Malarba, etc. The new Staytrix is getting a quick following in Europe, so I won't be surprised if it shows up in the NHL soon.

aerialis

Oct 7, 2005
toronto & pittsburgh
staytrix meaning the one by stacey composites and mont? i didnt know they had finished that project haha

itech masks are so ugly :( and their lower end models are better suited to ball hockey

RedK

Dec 2, 2002
Visit site
Yep, Mont and Stacey have the Staytrix out now. It's gorgeous! The reviews about it are good too. I'm drooling over them.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
imo one of the best masks that I'm sure we might end up seeing a lot of in the NHL is NXI. Very light and very strong, I was wearing one and got a shot with a stick to the head and hardly felt it, although it rang pretty good.

Avant-Gardien

May 6, 2005
Cambridge, MA
Giguere, Luongo, Denis, and Garon are all using ProtechSport (formerly Lefevre) masks. I've got one myself, a full-kevlar affair. Fantastic piece of craftsmanship, and Michel Doganieri is a great guy to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad