What are your team's main cheers

OttawaKing

May 24, 2012
The other day I was trying to think of each team's version of Go "Sens" Go or Go "Pens" Go and I realized I couldn't come up with some for teams like Florida. So I figured I'd make a thread for all the main ones you'd typically hear if you went to see a game in a specific team's arena.

Ottawa Senators:

Lets Go Ottawa Lets Go; Lets go Senators Lets Go; Go Sens Go

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Depending on the amount of syllables in either the first or last name, some just roll off the tongue better than others.

Just a small example... "Let's go Boston" fits naturally with that particular chant because of Boston having two syllables. Odd thing though is that I'm sure in the playoff I heard the Boston faithful chanting "Let's Go Bru-ins' which to me sounds stupid and forced because of splitting the word Bruins in to two syllables.

'Philly" or "Flyers' works for many different chants... but have you ever heard the actual name "Philedelphia" in a chant?

Minnesota Wild is another awkward name to force in to any of the cliche or common chants.

Anyways, we need some input from Nashville fans... they're the true masters on the subject.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The other day I was trying to think of each team's version of Go "Sens" Go or Go "Pens" Go and I realized I couldn't come up with some for teams like Florida. So I figured I'd make a thread for all the main ones you'd typically hear if you went to see a game in a specific team's arena.

Ottawa Senators:

Lets Go Ottawa Lets Go; Lets go Senators Lets Go; Go Sens Go
I mean...I think you covered all the possibilities. :laugh:

Tio Salamanca

Mar 21, 2010
Depending on the amount of syllables in either the first or last name, some just roll off the tongue better than others.

Just a small example... "Let's go Boston" fits naturally with that particular chant because of Boston having two syllables. Odd thing though is that I'm sure in the playoff I heard the Boston faithful chanting "Let's Go Bru-ins' which to me sounds stupid and forced because of splitting the word Bruins in to two syllables.

'Philly" or "Flyers' works for many different chants... but have you ever heard the actual name "Philedelphia" in a chant?

Minnesota Wild is another awkward name to force in to any of the cliche or common chants.

Anyways, we need some input from Nashville fans... they're the true masters on the subject.

But the word Bruins...has two syllables. :huh:

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Lately it's been the name of the opposing goaltender. Pretty lame truth be told.
Let's Go Pens is much easier and more supportive.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Shooooooooooot, boooooooooo, (insert name of player that the crowd can do something similar to Stuuuuuuuuu)

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Your sports team is vastly inferior
That simple fact is plainly obvious to see
We’re gonna kick your collective posterior
Of course you realize we’re speaking figuratively
Our stats are thoroughly impressive
Our coach really has the Midas touch
Our players are fast and strong and brave
And your guys, eh, not so much

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Except for the teams that it doesn't work for, and I was curious as to what they do instead if anything at all.

Go Devils Go sounds a bit weird for example.
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking. Most of the U.S. fanbases use 'Let's go Team', except for 'Let's go Buffalo'; I think there are one or two that use 'Go Team go'.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Go Flames Go.

Sound pretty good in the playoffs... very good actually. Problem is that we don't get to hear it very often.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
The diversity with regard to chants in NA is just sick.
One thread ain't enough to capture it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad