What are your expectations for this season......really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I would agree that our depth this year is far greater than last year. At least we won't have to see Warren F-in Peters center the F-in allstar... Geesus.... I still don't have words for that:cry:

Spawnisen

Kaapo Kakko.
Feb 11, 2010
Finland
I'm happy if we make playoffs, i want some of that playoff excitement everyone are talking about! But then if we make playoffs i'd want to win it...

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
I'll sum it up this way. With this shortened season and so many uncertain variables, i simply HOPE the Wild make the playoffs this year. Next year I absolutely EXPECT them too.

Plain and simple.

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
I so want to be overly optimistic but as the season gets closer I keep being reminded of all the crushing disappointments Minnesota sports have brought me...

Don't get me wrong I'm still stoked for the season, hell I'm counting the minutes but if being a Wild fan (really any Minnesota team) has taught me anything it's to expect the worst... Last season I actually started to think we were something special I kept fighting the feeling to get excited, I knew it was too good to be true but in December I finally I embraced it! One week later we started the most epic slide in sports history... Injuries, blah, blah, blah... The fact is it went south...

This year I'm keeping my expectations low. VERY low...

I expect to be more entertaining and to not be the lowest scoring team in a decade anymore....

I can handle losses, I can handle missing the play-offs but what I don't want is those games where they're just so terribly uneventful that I start watching in fast forward.. I just want & expect some more exciting hockey...

Hopefully people stay healthy & we really are a contender but for right now I'll settle for just some good solid, exciting games...

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Haha it's all good. I like that we have a lot of different expectations in here instead of just knowing that were in for another long mild season ( so you're telling me theres a chance :laugh: ) Exciting stuff tomorrow night.

mplspug

Jun 11, 2012
Richfield
www.profishinglog.com
I think Heatley will have a better year than last statistically, but nothing crazy (16-18 Goal).

Parise will score a couple more goals, but Heaters will come mostly on PP. This should add up to a career year for Koivu if healthy.

I think Setoguchi will rebound a bit and Butch will play most of 48 games and be an assist machine.

Brodz will be Brodz. A solid player, but not consistent. He should have 1 good streak of 6-8 games where he is on fire.

Spurgeon is going to arrive with a really good year.

I think the GAA goes down and Backs also has an incredible year...a top 5 goalie year.

I think we see improvement in the goals for and they finish top 16-13 in team scoring.

That being said, probably the opposite will happen with everything I said.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
From the Main Board...

About Wacky predictions...

Zach Parise will struggle mightily in Minnesota to put up points, and Ryan Suter will not be the Suter we've come to know in Nashville, and will struggle without a partner of Weber's calibre, as the Wild miss the playoffs

- suter will prove that he can't produce at the same level without weber.

The Wild finish second in the west.

Granlund has a miserable debut campaign and is scratched several times.

-Minnesota finishes 1st in the West; Suter and Parise play well, but the real surprises and Granlund and Dumba, who are both Calder finalists

- The Calder goes to... Vladimir Tarasenko. Alex Galchenyuk and Mikael Granlund are the other nominees

Winnipeg wins the Stanley Cup in a game seven overtime against Minnesota. Cam Barker does well with Vancouver.

651*

whats the link to melrose predicting the wild

Nothing. Melrose is more hockey-educated than 95%+ of the fools on this forum.

Moral: predictions are irrelevant. Melrose made a prediction, and that's it.

CG5

Jan 18, 2011
Waukesha, WI
at the very least make the playoffs and they ought to be true cup contenders in 1-2 years. I'm tired of the "rebuilding" "next year they'll get there," crap. the only thing that might make it a crap shoot is the shortened season and injuries, but even then this team should have enough depth so I don't even think I'd accept the injury excuse. this team needs to produce and it needs to start now.

even today I'm listening to kfan and Mileski said something about if the Wild don't make it this year then maybe in 3-4 years. good god, we've been hearing 3-4 years away for 3 seasons! if that's the case then my head is going to explode.

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Cam Barker doing well in Vancouver seems like the most far-fetched prediction.

And they're all pretty far-fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad