Music: What are you listening to? | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

I think this is the most criminally underrated songs of all time, as it's quite possibly the greatest song of all time - and nobody knows it. If you're down it perfectly captures the feeling, but also captures the feeling of motivation to get out of whatever pain you're in.

Easily my funeral song. I mean if people show up.

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

Another song I feel way underrated. "There is no pain, you are receding" moment is always spine chilling to me.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Harry Styles - Sign of the Times

Every once in a while you have to admit that kid from a boy band is extremely talented. It happened with that N'Sync guy Justin Timberlake, and my nieces loving One Direction to being like "ok, this Harry Styles guy might be legit". He is. One of the better songs of the last 10 years, also a solid actor in Dunkirk.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

John Denver - Take Me Home Country Roads

Not much to be said, just a friggin classic. Everyone gets drunk and sings along. My high school into college girlfriend's Dad was a big John Denver fan which was funny because he looked exactly like him. We fell apart. He died last year, and it hurts me to know I didn't see him the last 15 years of his life.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Let's switch it up, take it back to 1993 on underrated songs:
Party and Bullsh.. - Notorious B.I.G.

For my money one of his greatest songs, yet most people never heard it as it never released on Ready to Die or Life After Death.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Early 2000s Blink 182 and I'm no fan of that era. Or them. I remember I liked this song when I heard it, 16 years later as a single Dad it hits me a lot. Because I want to do the best for my son, but 50/50 I lost half his life. In hindsight could we have made it work, yeah probably. Time wasn't ours to give away.

It's a haunting song to me. I hope he doesn't end up 20 and feel this way.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Almost 2 billion views. And I can't blame it. That damn ginger can ballad like nobody since Micheal Bolton.

It's the song I would have wrote to the love of my life. I remember dancing with her at my best friend's wedding, while she was pregnant with our son. This song is exactly how I felt for those 4 minutes.

Never would have guessed within 18 months I would feel the same way about "I Hate Everything About You" after she cheated on me. They're still together. I'm still alone. Life, right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad