What are three teams you don't want to win the Celebrini lottery?

What are three teams you don't want to win the Celebrini lottery?

• Total voters

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Is this purely because of something that happened years ago that virtually nobody currently with the team in either management or on ice had anything to do with? You want to punish the abstract idea of the team?
Team ownership put into place management and culture which allowed that to first happen and then get covered up.

So yeah, f*** 'em. They don't deserve another nice thing.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Chicago and Utah (Arizona) -- don't really care about he others one way or another.

Chicago because they won the lottery last year plus all the other nonsense with that organization.

Utah because it would be extraordinarily cruel if they were to finally win the draft lottery right after they relocate, given all the times they were screwed over by it.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
New Jersey for obvious reasons

Anaheim because enough of their tanking bullshit, how about being competitive for once?

And Ottawa/Buffalo because of similar reasons, although they at least tried to be competitive it just failed. But I don’t want to reward their failures any more.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
The only team I don't want to see him go to is Chicago. I don't care about the rest.

HitterD

Apr 25, 2022
Calgary
Hard to pick just three.

Chicago because I don't want to see how good they might be with a C that will actually be capable of playing defense.

Columbus because all careers to there to die, and I like Celebrini ;)

Arizona/Utah because if the league were to rig the lottery this would be the team they would pick

Can Calgary just win the freaking lottery once please, for the first time in franchise history. Have we not suffered enough?

Boreal01

Nov 3, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Anaheim and Columbus are weak markets + shaky organizations so those are two easy options

3rd is probably Chicago as they just got Bedard and it's just more entertaining when different teams win the lottery each year

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
Chicago cuz f*** that creepy organization.

Jersey cuz they already lucked out and need to show they can do something with their high picks.

Calgary cuz they are the definition of a mid franchise and I don't want Celebrini to play for a 10th place in the west org all his career.

Reactions: Xirik

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Buffalo - As a fan of the team I don't want to see them get another top 2 pick. Other fanbases shit on the team enough as it is. They have the talent on the team and in their prospect pool to be a playoff team they just need to put it all together and fill in the holes on the roster appropriately.

NJ - Similar to Buffalo they have ample talent and we saw last season they can be a playoff team, they don't need another top pick.

Chicago - They got Bedard, they don't need Celebrini also. Add in the Beach stuff and yea, no thanks.

Reactions: Kulich Man and BB79

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Chicago-You have Bedard. Go away
Montreal- Rival. Go away.
Columbus- he could score 100 goals and as a team they'd still be boring and miss the playoffs

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Chicago, because obviously

New Jersey because they are already stacked, they just need better goaltending and stop trading players like Toffoli

Ottawa because f*** them

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
New Jersey should be a unanimous choice. Everyone was up in arms that the Rangers won the Lafreniere lottery but they were in the midst of two non-playoff years and one year where they made the play in round because it was expanded to like 24 teams and proceeded to get swept. The Devils as much as I hate to say it had 113 points last year and will be a popular choice to make it back in the playoffs next year. Plus they won the lottery twice.

I also chose Chicago because they won last year and Columbus because they're in my team's division.

• Haha
Reactions: Xirik and xigon

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ottawa fans deserve it the most and dare I say its not even close. The bullshit we have had to deal with from Melnyk/Dorion and only ever moving down or standing pat in the lottery during the 7 years of hell. We're due for something good to happen.

• Love
Reactions: xVolchenkov

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
New Jersey for obvious reasons

Anaheim because enough of their tanking bullshit, how about being competitive for once?

And Ottawa/Buffalo because of similar reasons, although they at least tried to be competitive it just failed. But I don’t want to reward their failures any more.
Ottawa has only ever moved down during the futility since 2017. They shouldnt be rewarded for never being rewarded? They have actually tried to win and burned other assets in the process due to one of if not the worst GM's in history. Now they are getting another first round pick stripped because of that same idiotic GM. They lost one of their best players for half the season because his friend made a bet on his account. But yeah they deserve to lose again..... The fans deserve better. They also had the 4th biggest uptick in attendance in the league this year.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Chicago: Duh

Ottawa: They'd turn the poor kid into a loser

New Jersey: Would be unfair to have those three down the middle
Might want to revisit Ottawa's drafting and developing compared to your franchise which hasnt had an 80 point scorer in how long? Pot kettle. 9 straight... Yikes.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Chicago- ****’em

I guess if Anaheim doesn’t win, id prefer San Jose wins…. That way they have to take celebrini…. I think they are the most likely to take levshunov other than us… and I think he’s the best fit/option for us at 3-5.

Columbus and Chicago I could see going for lindstrom/Demidov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad