Speculation: What are the Oilers biggest needs right now?

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
1 coach
2 goalie
3 defence
Not in any particular order as there all immediate needs

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
1. GM
2. Coaching
3. Goaltending
4. Defenseman
5. Forwards

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
1. Coaching - It's blatantly obvious none of the players have any real defined roles, the bench usage is sh*t, and the defensive systems look like garbage
2. Goaltending - Smith is injured, Skinner isn't ready, Koskinen has been scapegoated, might improve with a new coach and systems play, but the team badly needs an upgrade regardless
3. Holland, even if that ship has sailed since this roster is locked for at least 2 - 3 years with what little wiggle room having to be spent on goaltending. The Chiarelli grace window given to Holland has ended, and he might(probably) messed everything up in his first(only) summer with any ability to make significant changes. Any new GM brought in would have an extremely delayed effect on the team due to all the long term contracts handed out last summer.

Only 3 from me because two of the glaring issues are making everything else seem so much worse. With a competent coach and a goaltender that doesn't deflate the team 5 minutes into every game, it'll be easier assess what needs to be done next

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Careful what you wish for.

Katz just needs to make business hires and not hire the most famous hockey guy available. I can’t imagine he’s a happy camper right now either.

Yeah, he only needs to do that. This idiot didn’t learn last time, I don’t have faith in him to make a smart decision next time.

He’s going to go down as a Ballard, Bill Wirtz etc as worst owners in league history. The worst part is he thinks he’s trying to build a good team

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yeah, he only needs to do that. This idiot didn’t learn last time, I don’t have faith in him to make a smart decision next time.

He’s going to go down as a Ballard, Bill Wirtz etc as worst owners in league history. The worst part is he thinks he’s trying to build a good team

I think he has the best of intentions but as a newcomer to the sports world put his faith in the wrong people. Twice.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
1. President of Hockey Operations.
2. A solid number 1 goaltender
3. Chris Pronger

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00