What are the odds that Mike Trout gets traded?

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Mike Trout is the best player in baseball and he’s just being wasted on a team that’s going nowhere. So my question is this, if the Angels aren’t willing to build a legit contender, are they going to move Trout for a potential rebuild or will Trout ask for a trade sooner rather then later?

He’ll be making a base salary of 35,450,000$ and a signing bonus of 1,666,667$ for the next 10 years. It’s a massive contract but for a guy with his skills, it’s almost a bargain.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
It’s tough. In baseball it’s really difficult to return value in a package that would be even close to what Trout is worth. Much like Stanton getting traded it’s going to come down to who can afford him and who’s in a competitive window and has a reasonable amount of good young assets to give.

Jays could do it but they won’t. Not sure there’s a great fit in the AL. Anyway the Angels would be stupid to trade him without a kings ransom

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
It’s tough. In baseball it’s really difficult to return value in a package that would be even close to what Trout is worth. Much like Stanton getting traded it’s going to come down to who can afford him and who’s in a competitive window and has a reasonable amount of good young assets to give.

Jays could do it but they won’t. Not sure there’s a great fit in the AL. Anyway the Angels would be stupid to trade him without a kings ransom

I fully agree with everything you said but on the flip side, I’m sure Trout is just itching to play for a legit contender as well.

I just don’t know when he’ll say "enough is enough" and start a campaign of trade me or start building a contender ASAP.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
mymerlincat would die if it happened

I fully agree with everything you said but on the flip side, I’m sure Trout is just itching to play for a legit contender as well.

I just don’t know when he’ll say "enough is enough" and start a campaign of trade me or start building a contender ASAP.

if he really wanted to play for a 'legit contender' he probably should not have signed a record breaking deal with the Anaheim Angels....

I mean he obviously wants to play in the playoffs vs sitting at home but it's clearly not priority number one.

now just thinking about it, imagine if Dodgers got him instead of Betts.....

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
zero chance

not just because the angels aren't going to trade the best player in the world, but because the asking price would be off the charts. probably something like a team's top 4-5 prospects to start

member 157595

mymerlincat would die if it happened

if he really wanted to play for a 'legit contender' he probably should not have signed a record breaking deal with the Anaheim Angels....

I mean he obviously wants to play in the playoffs vs sitting at home but it's clearly not priority number one.

now just thinking about it, imagine if Dodgers got him instead of Betts.....

I kind of think that any player has a price, whether they want to win or not. Hard to blame Trout for taking that much guaranteed money, I don't think it should be considered a slight against his competitiveness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad