What are the Jets doing for the fans?

spicy

Aug 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I hear Jet sits in section 117 row 5, you should buy someone claiming to be Jet a beer!

Forget that noise. After all this lock out business, its on him to give back to the fans! If hes a Jet, the next round is on him! Or Ill give away my season tickets! lol

Beazley

Duke of the Dale
Oct 2, 2008
Winnipeg
I hear it's 50% off Food and Beer at the game today.

It's a nice little touch. That will save our group about a c-note. :laugh:

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Free Jets poster for "everyone in attendance"?

During the 3rd period of todays game, the Jets announced that "everyone in attendance" would receive a free Jets poster when leaving the MTS Centre. When we left we were told there were no more posters left and that they only printed 3,000 posters. There were thousands of people behind us, who wouldn't be getting a poster either. Pretty lame of the Jets to do that if you ask me...

So my GF and I get punished for staying right till the end of the game and those who leave early get rewarded with a free poster. If you promise a free poster for "everyone", you might want to print 15,000 for an arena that holds 15,000 people...not 3,000.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
There were stacks and stacks of these posters available.

I have some extras if anyone wants, and TNSE had boxes left at the gates about 30 min after the game.

Maybe leaving early was the issue?

Hope everyone enjoyed their 50% off food and beverages, thank you TNSE.

During the 3rd period of todays game, the Jets announced that "everyone in attendance" would receive a free Jets poster when leaving the MTS Centre. When we left we were told there were no more posters left and that they only printed 3,000 posters. There were thousands of people behind us, who wouldn't be getting a poster either. Pretty lame of the Jets to do that if you ask me...

So my GF and I get punished for staying right till the end of the game and those who leave early get rewarded with a free poster. If you promise a free poster for "everyone", you might want to print 15,000 for an arena that holds 15,000 people...not 3,000.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
There were stacks and stacks of these posters available.

I have some extras if anyone wants, and TNSE had boxes left at the gates about 30 min after the game.

Maybe leaving early was the issue?

Hope everyone enjoyed their 50% off food and beverages, thank you TNSE.

Maybe you didn't read my message. We stayed till the end and were told there were none left and that only 3,000 were printed. I was 300 level. Maybe we get less preferred treatment. There were none left, that's what the TNSE staff told us and there were thousands of people behind us.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Sorry as in other post, 100 level had many boxes left.

In that case, that was bad planning.

I have a few, PM me, I can share...

Maybe you didn't read my message. We stayed till the end and were told there were none left and that only 3,000 were printed. I was 300 level. Maybe we get less preferred treatment. There were none left, that's what the TNSE staff told us and there were thousands of people behind us.

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006

As the post above mine mentioned, we also left right at the end and there were boxes and boxes of posters just sitting at the Donald & Graham entrance. Looked like there were 15,000 posters there alone lol

Didn't hear or see anything about the 50% off food & drink til the 3rd period, so we ate at Tim's in the arena before the game (which was not doing the promo). D'oh!

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

We stayed in the bowl for about 20 mins after the game and left through the City Place exit from 300 level. They had easily a dozen boxes of posters left at that exit.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
We stayed in the bowl for about 20 mins after the game and left through the City Place exit from 300 level. They had easily a dozen boxes of posters left at that exit.

Maybe they brought more to the exit afterwards but I left there about 10 minutes after the game and they had none and the people at the doors said there were none left. TNSE with another PR mistake.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

I was up in a box today, but we exited out by the 300 level and then went down to the 100 level. We stayed about 20 minutes longer too and they were trying to hand the posters to us at each level even though we already had one.

I know it's a pain and an extra effort, but I'd think if you contacted TNSE and said you missed out they'd probably have lots left over.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
What are the Jets going to do for the fans?

Play hockey is my best guess. That is all they owe us.

I won't turn down free swag, but I don't care if we get any.
Nope. They did NOT choose that option today. Wish they had.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Maybe they brought more to the exit afterwards but I left there about 10 minutes after the game and they had none and the people at the doors said there were none left. TNSE with another PR mistake.

So, pretty much everyone but you got a poster and are saying they were available, yet it's some how TN's PR mistake.

You ever stop and think you made the error?

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I was in the back of 327, stayed until the bitter end (I figure I paid for a full game so I'm going to watch it even if the home side isn't all that interested in delivering a full effort).

Plenty of posters around... maybe you were unlucky.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
So, pretty much everyone but you got a poster and are saying they were available, yet it's some how TN's PR mistake.

I and several others made an error by filing out 10 minutes after the game with a crowd of a 1000 or so other people into Cityplace from the 300 level and having the ushers at the door tell everyone there was no posters left? How is that a mistake? Can you tell me what I and the other people did wrong?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

My ST buddies at the game made similar claims that they looked around and could not find any posters, said that they were not available/sold out. They were also 300 level...

idontknow

Jul 16, 2011
Who should I contact at TNSE to get the poster I missed out on?

By the time I left it was almost completely cleared out. We got 2 each, and I ended up with all 4. You can the 3 extras. Let me know.

I NEVER drive to the game, but I did yesterday, damn! 1/2 booze?

Roooski

Sep 21, 2011
Are we talking about actually posters or placemats? I am pretty sure what they were giving out was a placemat not a poster. Anyways I was also in the 300 level and stayed right to the end and then some. We were actually some of the last people to leave the 300 level and there was tons of these placemats available.

And the half price food and beverages was a nice touch...however some adverstising would have helped as I would have likely taken a cab and spent much more money on booze. In hind sight the "half prices" were still just regular prices by most establishments standards.

Wpgpage

Nov 25, 2010
The 50% off thing was great, I was in the suite level and we bout about $1000 worth of boos all at half price. We didn't even have to open the bottles just put them away and they will be there for the entire season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad