What are the chances that the Sedins pull a Mike Fisher?

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Its more then likely that the Canucks will finish 25th or lower, so there's no reason for the Sedins to come back

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Doubt it. Maybe if the Canucks were a Cup contender they would but with the way things are I doubt you see the Sedins play in the NHL again.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If the Canucks were competitve, this discussion could have some merit.

But they are not, and I highly doubt the sedins have a desire to play anywhere else, and be futher from family or uproot them.

So the chances are virtually zero.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
They are still young enough to be contributors and retired while still being productive NHlers. The team is adding a ton of youth to the roster, and I don't think it is impossible near the deadline Vancouver is in a playoff spot. What are the chances they decide to come back at the deadline and help the team make the playoffs and go on one final cup run?

It is also pretty impossible that the Canucks will be in a play-off spot at the deadline. It makes no sense for the team or the players for them to come back.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’d say around zero. Vancouver is going to be a bad team. Even if they manage to squeak into the playoffs they will get eliminated right away. They had a nice retirement where they went out on their own terms. No need to Brett Favre the situation.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Curious. Let's ignore the fact VC don't make it to the play-offs.

But just out of curiosity. How late could they sign, and be eligible to play?

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
No, they’re staying in Vancouver for their kids who were born here. They consider themselves mostly Vancouverites at this point rather than Swedish expats.
Kinda surprising consider all the bullying they got from north american fans throughout the years. Being callee gay sisters and all that

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Probably not likely, although I think they can still play another 1-2 years. I was surprised when they retired.

Fisher looked cooked even before his first retirement. He should have probably stayed away.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinda surprising consider all the bullying they got from north american fans throughout the years. Being callee gay sisters and all that
I'm sure fans in Vancouver and the locals love them there. I doubt anybody bullied them or called them gay sisters or whatever, outside of a few isolated jerks.

I don't think the Sedin's got bullied more than any other European-born players.

puckIuck

Jan 11, 2018
cup contender? :laugh:

they're about 4 years from being a serious contender. the sedins will be 43.. maybe theyll pull a jagr?

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
Kids are getting older so they dont want to do the travel schedule anymore which is the worst in the league.Not even sure if they go back to sweeden for summer anymore.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
They can still play and be productive, but there's zero chance they're coming back. Only if we were in a Nashville-like position and contending would there be a slight chance

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Totally different situations. Even if the nucks do manage to squeak into the playoffs, they aren’t going anywhere once there. The preds had a legit shot at the cup.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
That would be too much attention on them... They dont like that shit

They just wanna be vancouverites and raise their kids quietly

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Zero thankfully. The league needs to come down hard on players who pull something like Fisher (& Neids before him) did, something along the lines of "If you retire & file the papers, you can't join any team as a player for three years after that". This nonsense of "Well yes, I did retire but decided that I really miss the game ... (after sheltering my body from 2/3rds of the season & the grind that comes with it... oh look, my body can put up with a playoff run though...)" needs to be clamped down on.

Probably need to tweak the LTIR rules too so that teams don't just 'retire' players there for a few months.

But no, I can't see the Sedins doing something like that.

Reactions: eviohh26

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'm sure fans in Vancouver and the locals love them there. I doubt anybody bullied them or called them gay sisters or whatever, outside of a few isolated jerks.

I don't think the Sedin's got bullied more than any other European-born players.

I think the local fans and some local media were on them as well. The "sedin sisters" term was thrown around in the market commonly prior to the 04 lockout.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00