What are some memorable shifts that you will never forget???

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Forsberg and Lidstrom had shifts against the Flames that still appear in some of my nightmares. Can't find them now since I'm on my phone out and about but I'm sure others can bring up the ones I'm talking about pretty quickly.

The Horror.

DuckJazz

Jan 11, 2014
I think that one russian playing for the Rangers had a 7 minute shift. Doubt he'll be forgotten

E: remembered he scored at the end of it.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Can't find it right now, but Chris Drury raved about a shift Alfredsson had against the Sabres, saying something to the effect of "I would make every young player on the team watch video of that shift, to understand how you need to play the game. He single handledly created 2 scoring chances, while also back checking to break up a 2 on 1.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The biggest one that sticks out to me is the Giroux one in the playoff where he basically killed a penalty all by himself in the corner in the oppositions end.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Claude Giroux, 2010, game 7 vs Boston, in the final minutes. Ate about a minute off the clock

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015
Can't find a video of it but last year the Sens had a game against the Wild where they hit 3 posts in a very short amount of time on the PP and then got caught on the ice defending for like 2-3 minutes after that, was crazy. Players ending up hugging after the play was over, either that or they were trying to hold each other up because they were so damn tired.

Either way, I'm sure this is one Wild fans will remember too.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Forsberg and Lidstrom had shifts against the Flames that still appear in some of my nightmares. Can't find them now since I'm on my phone out and about but I'm sure others can bring up the ones I'm talking about pretty quickly.

The Horror.

Forsberg had like 100 shifts for the ages. Remember one during his Colorado days against Florida, where he just bullied through player after player despite being hooked, grabbed, slashed, held and hit.

Believe he ended up with 4 goals that game.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Sharks 5 v 3 PK where on of the Sharks players lost/broke his stick. That sequence was one for the ages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad