What and who would you be willing to give up for Draisaitl?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
the Wings don't have anything that could realistically land him without throwing far too many pieces together

i'd do like....Larkin+Mantha but Edmonton would still want more and it just wouldn't be worth going higher

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
You think Veleno is worth a 50 goals/100 points center?
Maybe I'm undervaluing Leon and/or overvaluing JV & Mantha, but those 100 pts, while very impressive are mostly on McDavid's wing. W/O McJesus he's nowhere near that, maybe 70pt C. Taking into account JV's age, cost-controlled years & potential + Mantha, that'd be a tough pill to swallow.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Why?

Basically, you get Draisaitl, you're sending Larkin+ or Larkin++ the other way or Seider+++.
Maybe if you have 1OA set, you could deal that and something and maybe get somewhere.

Edmonton has no reason to trade Draisaitl and even less reason to deal him to Detroit for anything but the pieces that would make trading for him redundant. Is he better than Larkin? Sure, he might be. But he's also making ~3M more per year and just based on sheer value, you don't end up with a Red Wings roster that has him and Larkin on it without the rest of the team being gutted so badly that it restarts the rebuild entirely.

But yeah, stuff like Veleno and Mantha as the package? Get that **** out of here. I drive them both to the airport with an honest to goodness smile on my face if that's all it takes to land Draisaitl.

Reactions: Realgud

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Not Larkin, anyone else.
Any 2 (but not 3) of Mantha, Zadina, Veleno, Hronek, Cholo and Seider. (Hronek + Seider would give me pause simply because of position). Would even throw in one of AA, Lil Bert, etc. along with 2 of the above

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
It would destroy our depth to put a package together good enough to get Drai. We'd end up like Edmonton, a couple great players and nobody for them to play with.

Reactions: NotLeddy

GreytWun

Sep 29, 2017
Ontario
Maybe I'm undervaluing Leon and/or overvaluing JV & Mantha, but those 100 pts, while very impressive are mostly on McDavid's wing. W/O McJesus he's nowhere near that, maybe 70pt C. Taking into account JV's age, cost-controlled years & potential + Mantha, that'd be a tough pill to swallow.

Sorry but this is simply not true. Have you even watch Draisaitl play? He’s a top 10 forward quite easily. Where are the numbers showing he is a product of McDavid?

Reactions: Oddbob

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Nothing, because the cost would be WAY TOO MUCH! I would only pay that kind of massive price for McDavid and no else at this point!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Sorry but this is simply not true. Have you even watch Draisaitl play? He’s a top 10 forward quite easily. Where are the numbers showing he is a product of McDavid?

Right on with this one. People that don't watch him play just assume he is racking up the points because of McDavid. McDavid is awesome no doubt, but Draisaitl sets up a ton of McDavid's points as well and drives the offence plenty. While he doesn't drive it like McDavid, he drives it very well and only doesn't do well on his own line, because McDavid gets the best of the scrap they have, and Leon gets the 2nd best scrap.

Reactions: GreytWun

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad