What a World Junior Championship means for Tampa Bay

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
With the way the city rallied behind the team during their Finals run it's pretty apparent Tampa is already a hockey town.

Ya, I wasn't trying to take that away from the city. But it would be something different to see Tampa be chosen over other "Hockey Markets" to host the WJC. The Lightning earned the rally of the fans by winning throughout the playoffs. The WJC would be more of an acknowledgement that Tampa is a world class hockey destination. I apologize if I didn't make that clear in the article, and I will work on my wordings on my future articles. :nod:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=775790
"We had interest of varying levels from more than a dozen entities,” said Mike Bertsch, assistant executive director of marketing, communications and events for USA Hockey. “In the end, we’re extremely pleased with the group of finalists. The time and effort each put into the materials that were submitted is impressive and we look forward to continued conversations with each of the finalists.”

Bertsch noted USA Hockey will have the host selected by the end of the year. “We’ll likely further narrow the field in the next 60 days and then conduct in-person visits before making a final decision.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad