What’s your max offer for Val Nichushkin?

What’s your max offer for Val Nichushkin?

• Total voters

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What we would offer isn't really important though.

A better question would be "what do you think the Avs will offer given their history?"

IMO no more than 5 years and no more than 5M.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
He’s almost single-handedly responsible for Jost’s pay increase of around 1m. So it seems fair that if they trade Jost, that money should go to Nichushkin.

I’d say 5 if Jost is still on the team. Maybe 6 if they trade Jost.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
4m x 4 years

36 games of good offense does not equal big monies. If he wants big money then take 1 year x 3m and prove you can keep it up.

Reactions: ESH and milehigh11

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'd give him between $5-$6 million a year for 5-6 years. I think Val knows that: a) this might be his best chance to cash in, and b) he owes that chance to Sakic and the Avs. I don't imagine he'll look elsewhere or develop an unreasonable ask, but I think he's a player we should pay fairly because he works hard for this roster and at this point in his contract year, anything below $5 million is a lowball

Reactions: Reparlana and Baron

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't expect more than 40 points a season going forward from him and still thin $5M/year is acceptable. He's figured out how to be an effective player and he has a very high effort level game in and game out. He'll leave a big hole if Avs let him walk.

There is an outside chance everything clicks for him offensively and he'll score at a significantly higher pace.

Reactions: Reparlana

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Val turns 27 next week. I'd give him $5M x 6 years. He'll lose skating speed, but his size and IQ will carry him well in his early 30's.
His best asset is his stick work anyways. He'll likely slow down, but he's not generally skating hard when he's intercepting passes or winning board battles anyway

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Ideally, $5M and 5 years would be perfect for the Avs, and maybe that would be enough. However, I think to make sure he'll sign, it's important to reward him. So, I'd go $5.5M and give him an extra year for a total of 6 years. He'd be 34 when it's up, and if he keeps progressing, you could potentially have a $7M caliber player at $5.5M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad