What’s worse, the dive or the call?

What’s worse?

• Total voters

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Well the call wouldn't happen if the dive didn't take place so it's the dive that is easily the worst part of the equation.

That's pretty much a 9+ dive as well.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
The dive.

Thornton certainly gives him a shot, even if it was not worthy of the reaction at all. You’ll never get a diving call when a player takes an actual shot at a goalie, whether it’s dressed up or not.

The only time I can remember seeing dives on goalies is when they actually fake contact when there wasn’t any or a guy just brushed him
I should've been more clear with the description. Was talking about the play by play commentary saying "that was no dive by mrazek," not the penalty call

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I don't think Mrazek faked getting knocked down, but he definitely embellished the after effect of the punch.
Also, Tripp Tracey may be the worst color commentator in the NHL.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I don’t see any embellishment there, unless you’re talking about him milking an injury.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
I'm not sure that was a dive. Milking it after he's on the ground? Maybe. But ice is slippery and Thornton is a big boy and delivered a pretty good shot.

Therefore not a valid question.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
The call is worse, neither player should have got a slashing penalty. Firstly, Thornton attempted to play the puck and went hard, that wasnt a slash. Mrazek was upset, fine, him swinging the stick totally whiffed and calling "attempted" slashing is pretty weak.

2mins for roughing, the end. Goalies are always going to try and sell things, that's not new and i wouldnt call it a dive, he got popped. Comes with the territory of being off limits.

Reactions: tricky

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I thought it was hilarious, goalies take supersonic-speed pucks to the face all the time but apparently a light jab caused him to faint.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Looks like it could be a career ender for Mrazek. Hopefully he makes a full recovery one day.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Please remember to treat Thorton with respect. He has PTSD when people bring up diving. Look away if you're squeamish.

iu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad