Whalers' back (in uniforms, at least)!

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
Man, those uniforms look nice. For some reason they look nicer now than they did in the 80's.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
No, it's not a poor analogy at all. You might be able to move a franchise but you can't transfer the memories of what transpired in the original location. They belong to the fans that witnessed the events. The fans in Carolina have no concept of what happened in Hartford because they did not see it. Their memories of the team would only have begun when the Hurricanes began playing there. It's common sense.

:jets

The Jets fans have their memories, and the Hurricane fans while their memories really start in 1997, the history and statistics of the franchise that was compiled in Hartford is counted as part of the lineage of the Hurricanes. They may not have any nostalgia or connection to the Whaler days. But it's still theirs

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Man, those uniforms look nice. For some reason they look nicer now than they did in the 80's.

Probably has something to do with the fabric, quality, and lighting in the arenas now compared to then. But I concur, they do look nicer now

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I think people who've gone through electroconvulsive therapy though have reported memory loss/issues, so if that's the case with the subject in question, then it could explain a potential emotional discharge.

Would you think it in or out of a proper context if the New Jersey Devils suddenly showed up to a game wearing the blue/red/gold/white colors of the Colorado Rockies? Mackenzie Blackwood or Keith Kinkaid in nets doing their best job to impersonate the old fan favorite Hardy Åström? Or.... if the Chicago Blackhawks showed up to a game in the blue/white colors of Oregon's finest the Portland Rosebuds?

I wouldn't like it but I would understand. There is a buck to be made. And the Devils do slightly honor and acknowledge their history as the Rockies and Scouts in the arena. So this is not something we don't acknowledge or pretend never existed

Schneider is the one impersonating the Swedish Sieve:confused:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad