Salary Cap: Wet Hot Canadian Sutter (Is No More)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Scuderi for Grabner would be an insane steal. Never going to happen, but I would do it in a heart beat.

Perhaps a sweetener from our end. If I were GM, I'd even throw in Bennett if we could get something of lesser value of course, coming back with Grabner. Too bad we can't send them one of our young offensive Ds (excluding Pouliot) along with Scuderi for Grabner. He'd be sweet on the PK for us and a longterm replacement for Dupuis or Kunitz on the 3rd line.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The Islanders are desperate to find a taker for Grabner. Scuderi is from Long Island. Visnovski left the team and they traded Reinhart as well. Crossing my fingers for a Scuderi for Grabner swap. Then with the glut of forwards we have, I'd love to see GMJR swap Kunitz for a decent Dman. I'm sure he can pull something off.

From everything i have heard, Grabner is terrabad now. Doesn't he also make 4.5M a year?

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
Perhaps a sweetener from our end. If I were GM, I'd even throw in Bennett if we could get something of lesser value of course, coming back with Grabner. Too bad we can't send them one of our young offensive Ds (excluding Pouliot) along with Scuderi for Grabner. He'd be sweet on the PK for us and a longterm replacement for Dupuis or Kunitz on the 3rd line.

I don't think that the Islanders would do us any favors taking 2 years of Scuds off our hands. They are not the bottom of the barrel anymore. Don't think they would even want Bennett as they most likely have something better in their own system.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

Grabner has some solid hands and great speed. A Bonino-Fehr-Grabner 3rd line would be beautiful. I don't want to give up Beau, but maybe

Scuds, Kuni, Clendening or Lovejoy?

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I don't think that the Islanders would do us any favors taking 2 years of Scuds off our hands. They are not the bottom of the barrel anymore. Don't think they would even want Bennett as they most likely have something better in their own system.

Ho-Sang and Collberg on the Right and Dal Colle and Beauviller on the Left.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
This team lives and dies by fleury, so why bother spending anything on a backup. I honestly can't see zatkoff be any worse than greiss. Just give him cupcake starts and rely on your stars to outscore the other team. All you're asking from him is to be a couple games over .500 in 20 starts.

Last edited:

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Don't we have the Devils 3rd as well??
That's the pick we traded in the Kessel deal.

The pick we traded today is the pick we got from Buffalo (the higher pick between VAN and NYI). SO they may have just gotten their own pick, which they traded to Buffalo, back from us.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
It'd be pretty funny if aaroneggs4 actually did talk to Matt Cooke.

And I do think Cooke is coming back to Pittsburgh. To live, not play hockey.

This strikes me as something Cooke would do--tell some nobody that he was "coming back to Pittsburgh," but leave out the part where he lives there during the summer (if he still does).

Edit: er, should have read on.

So Greg Brown says Matt Cooke is close to signing with the Penguins? Uh, so I guess Oskar or Wilson will be riding buses. That or Bennett's set to be waived/traded in a package.

Edit 2:

1) Cooke to a tryout deal. 2) Cooke injures Scudari. 3) Profit??

:laugh:

Last edited:

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
This team lives and dies by fleury, so why bother spending anything on a backup. I honestly can't see zatkoff be any worse than greiss. Just give him cupcake starts and rely on your stars to outscore the other team. All you're asking from him is to be a couple games over .500 in 20 starts.

I agree with your strategy, but Zatkoff could easily be worse than Greiss was last year. And in general, Greiss is a much better goalie than Zatkoff.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Zatkoff lost his role to a record-setting player. Not really his fault.

He was surprisingly fine up here a couple years ago. I'm not too worried about him.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Exactly and when the playoffs start just bring up Murray to backup.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com

He was surprisingly fine up here a couple years ago. I'm not too worried about him.

Sincere question, or maybe I'm just playing Devil's advocate, but Zatkoff loses his job to Matt Murray so let's give Zatkoff the promotion? And if we're saying that we want Matt Murray to have more games in the AHL til he's ready, aren't we just admitting that we're killing time with Zatkoff until Murray is ready?

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh

It's also worth noting that it took Zatkoff getting injured for Murray to really be given the reigns. He got injured and his backup played so well he was impossible to sit.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If Kunitz is magically shipped out and Plotnikov has issues transitioning, who plays Top 6 LW?

Perron, Bonino or Dupuis imo.
Outside the box options: Sundqvist or Sheary.
Playing Fehr on the LW? Fehr mentioned Oates tried him there, dunno if it looked good/he liked it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad