Western conference winnner

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Ok so the eastern conference looks dull after finishing last night with only two points (WC had twice as much)

which team from the east can really take down a team from the west in a playoff series.

the bruins

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ok so the eastern conference looks dull after finishing last night with only two points (WC had twice as much)

which team from the east can really take down a team from the west in a playoff series.

the bruins
Pretty confusing post in general, but as to who in the east can take out a team from the west, I’d say Boston, Tampa and Washington are better than all the western conference teams right now. Aside from St Louis, who are on somewhat of a slide themselves right now, every team in the west has looked pretty shaky at times.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I think the premise is "the West is so vastly superior that only team X can win against them"

STL is a great team but the East looks stronger to me.
On second thought, he wrote “weastern” conference in the thread title. That actually could be a misspelling for either conference. I’m not sure what to think here.

Reactions: thedustman

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I think the premise is "the West is so vastly superior that only team X can win against them"

But the stated point about last nights games - were either the utterings of a drunk or a lunatic or some extreme blunt deadpan.

There were three games last night. Two were west v west, and one was east v east. That the west earned twice as many points ... is basic math. And would happen any such night with no overtime.

Reactions: thedustman

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
But the stated point about last nights games - were either the utterings of a drunk or a lunatic or some extreme blunt deadpan.

There were three games last night. Two were west v west, and one was east v east. That the west earned twice as many points ... is basic math. And would happen any such night with no overtime.
I'm just going off his answer man, I can't say for sure :)

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013

The leafs are definitely hungry. Then there are those canes. The oft injured pensz.

Just because the west is wide open doesn’t mean the teams are bad.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Pretty confusing post in general, but as to who in the east can take out a team from the west, I’d say Boston, Tampa and Washington are better than all the western conference teams right now. Aside from St Louis, who are on somewhat of a slide themselves right now, every team in the west has looked pretty shaky at times.

That's a pretty dumb thing to say. Every team in the league is going to look shaky at times over an 82 game season.

Do you not remeber Tampa Bays early season struggles? Where they were well outside the playoff picture in like November?

Or Bostons 10 game stretch where they won 1 game.

The Caps are actually probably the only team in the league who havent had a stretch so far this year of more than a handful games where they struggled. Though one could argue losses in 4/5 right now to be a fairly shaky stretch, especially looking a the scores of some of those losses.

As an Avs fan the team out East that scares me the most is Pittsburgh. We've had our way against all 3 of Boston(2-0), Washington(1-0 blowout win), and Tampa(1-0 blowout win) so far this year.

It's the Penguins that have looked the most dangerous every time I've seen them. And they just loaded up with a real good ass in Zucker as well. They would be my current pick in the East to win.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
It’s about the weastern conference.

tumblr_owltsiRO3Q1v6tml5o9_1280.jpg

Reactions: MackAttack26

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
What team doesn't look shaky at times? I am reminded of the old saying that while certain teams look better on paper, the games are played on ice.

For proof, all we need to do is look at Tampa Bay last season who imploded at just the wrong time. In reality, I thought the Bruins would beat the Blues last year, experience, grit, et al, but was wrong. I didn't think the Blues "heavy game" would translate to the Cup.

Has there ever been an easy to predict SC Finals? Or Conference finals? (probably a few more of those, but enough 5-8 seeds have come out of both conferences over the years to state the obvious. We watch because who knows, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad