Western Conference 1st round sweeps - O/U 2.5

BCAvsFan

Oct 8, 2006
Surrey
I don't know what this is for.

But the way the Royals have been playing lately, I would say Kamloops/Kelowna will sweep them no problem.

Picking the over if the over/under is 2.5 means I think there will be at least 3 sweeps in the 1st round. I'm thinking TC/Spok will be the only series that isn't a sweep (could easily go 7).

Just a comment on the disparity between the 1,2,3 seeds and 6,7,8.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Picking the over if the over/under is 2.5 means I think there will be at least 3 sweeps in the 1st round. I'm thinking TC/Spok will be the only series that isn't a sweep (could easily go 7).

Reasonable.

I can agree with this.

iCanuck

May 25, 2012
Last year (6) Brandon beat (3) Calgary 4-1 in the series. They were closer in points in the standings though compared to Kamloops/Victoria, Calgary/MH,PA,SC this year. More likely to see one of those eastern (6) seed teams pull out a victory or two in the series than in the west IMO.

BCAvsFan

Oct 8, 2006
Surrey
Last year (6) Brandon beat (3) Calgary 4-1 in the series. They were closer in points in the standings though compared to Kamloops/Victoria, Calgary/MH,PA,SC this year. More likely to see one of those eastern (6) seed teams pull out a victory or two in the series than in the west IMO.

Yeah I think the # of teams in the east tends to lend itself to a little more playoff parity. I could totally see a 2/7 or 3/6 upset in the east but I would bet my house against either in the west. Even a 1/8 upset isn't beyond the realm of possibility in the east (although still unlikely). Nothing short of an ebola outbreak in the Winterhawks dressing room will stop the Tips from getting bounced, and quick. In fact I don't think I'd take anything less than 10-1 odds on the Tips winning one game.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010

I wonder if Victoria will put up a fight? They have been a strange team this year, from a view from afar anyways.

But Portland and Kelowna should sweep and Spokane and Tri-Cities should be a good series.

BCAvsFan

Oct 8, 2006
Surrey
I wonder if Victoria will put up a fight? They have been a strange team this year, from a view from afar anyways.

But Portland and Kelowna should sweep and Spokane and Tri-Cities should be a good series.

I don't know about Victoria. A month or two ago I would've said yes but they've been so bad lately. They haven't beat anyone above the 8th place Tips (25 wins) since Feb 10 and only won 3 of their final 17 regular season games (including a stretch of 15 games where their only win was against the league's worst team). In early Feb they were in the driver's seat to host a series but ended up miles back of 4th place Spokane.

I just don't see it happening. I will be surprised (maybe only mildly) at anything other than a Kamloops sweep.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I don't know about Victoria. A month or two ago I would've said yes but they've been so bad lately. They haven't beat anyone above the 8th place Tips (25 wins) since Feb 10 and only won 3 of their final 17 regular season games (including a stretch of 15 games where their only win was against the league's worst team). In early Feb they were in the driver's seat to host a series but ended up miles back of 4th place Spokane.

I just don't see it happening. I will be surprised (maybe only mildly) at anything other than a Kamloops sweep.

We have the talent, but we lack the defense.

Vollrath played excellent against Everett in the final two games of the season, if he can keep that up against the Blazers, Victoria might be able to put up a fight. Our defenseman will have to come up big though, guys like Kanzig and Fransoo would have to lead the way against the powerhouse Blazers.

I think we could steal 1 or 2, but I don't see us winning the series.

Thedub

Mar 22, 2013
Maybe Saskatoon will be the team getting swept, as they have lost ten straight playoff games.

BCAvsFan

Oct 8, 2006
Surrey
Maybe Saskatoon will be the team getting swept, as they have lost ten straight playoff games.

Hey, would leave lots of time to rest up and back door into the championship (hate that format).

How about Stephane Legault with 7 points on opening night. Ice are clearly overmatched. Here I thought the tight series would be in the east.

BCAvsFan

Oct 8, 2006
Surrey
I wouldn't count on it, Rockettes have been pretty good this year. I think that Seattle is MUCH better than their record indicates.

Yeah mostly joking. Could Seattle take the series though? If they split at home, I could definitely see it happening.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
So no sweeps in the West, almost an upset sweep in Seattle of Kelowna. Two sweeps in the East though.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Yeah mostly joking. Could Seattle take the series though? If they split at home, I could definitely see it happening.

Seattle could do it yes, but saying that. If any any situation would lend itself to a comeback, this is it.

Seattle is much better than there record shows. I say Seattle takes it in 6 at home

BCAvsFan

Oct 8, 2006
Surrey
Seattle could do it yes, but saying that. If any any situation would lend itself to a comeback, this is it.

Seattle is much better than there record shows. I say Seattle takes it in 6 at home

Well here it is. Tomorrow Kelowna completes that ever so rare 3-0 comeback.

(and no sweeps in the west, smartass OP)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad