Wes O'Neil - funny realization

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan4life

Sep 5, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
So I was reading into this years draft and I thought the name Wes O'Neil sounded familiar... so, I did a bit more research on him and turns out I was right.

Wes O'Neil used to play for the local Junior B team in my crappy ass city... a neat little tid bit I thought I'd share with ya'll.

Our team was league champion four years running while he was with the team (including All-Ontario champions once).

Good to see that O'Neil is making a name for himself... anyone want to guess where O'Neil gets drafted?

leafaholix*

I went to school with Paul McFarland.

He's ranked something like 140th on CSB's list.

It's funny to watch people you've known go that route.

rinkrat13

Nov 27, 2003
Toronto
Leafaholix said:
I went to school with Paul McFarland.

He's ranked something like 140th on CSB's list.

It's funny to watch people you've known go that route.

I personally know (cousin with) someone that is now playing in the NHL and wouldn't call it funny - more like exciting, awesome, etc - although I remember the first time I saw him play in his home arena and seeing all these people walking around with his name and number on their backs was kinda surreal, to say the least... now come to think of it, that was kinda funny :joker:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
habsfan4life said:
So I was reading into this years draft and I thought the name Wes O'Neil sounded familiar... so, I did a bit more research on him and turns out I was right.

Wes O'Neil used to play for the local Junior B team in my crappy ass city... a neat little tid bit I thought I'd share with ya'll.

Our team was league champion four years running while he was with the team (including All-Ontario champions once).

Good to see that O'Neil is making a name for himself... anyone want to guess where O'Neil gets drafted?

If he opts in which I assume he would, as he should go in the 1st round, top 20 I would guess. His size and skating and impressive enough to see him go in the first round, but as far as defensmen go, Barker and Thelen should go before him, then a few like maybe Smid, Meszaros, Valabik could all go before him or right around him. Fransson, Hedman, Lyamin, Green, also make interesting choices, and could be around O'Neil depending on the team and team needs. I though O'Neil looked good in the 3-4 games I saw this year, but it's tough to say how and where, as there are a number of quality defensemen with size and skating that could go around him.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
He'll definitely opt-in, as the rule has changed to allow him full eligibility.

I think he is the third best defenseman in the draft, behind Barker (top 4) and Thelen (top 10). He'll go somewhere between 9 and 25 most likely.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
stick to hockey.

f) Any outlandish claims of inside info. This is subjective and will be at the discretion of the moderator after consulting with other posters and other admins.

this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad