Confirmed with Link: Wes Clark is hired by the Florida Panthers as a scout

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He's not the only change. Real Paiement, whom many thought was just a typo on eliteprospects.com, was in fact an amateur scout from last year. Likely he scouted the QMJHL, as we didn't have anyone who knowingly scouted there last year.

Leafs have Brian Daccord as a "goaltending consultant", however is likely the man whom influenced the Woll decision.

Finally, Radim Jelinek as a European scout with specific focus in Czechia and Slovakia. Nothing was done from those regions in terms of talent, however the WJC there I believe.

Wes Clark was one of many OHL scouts we had, while also handling a little bit of skill development (essentially like Mike Gerrits, who does the same thing for us but in the WHL). I guess he'll just be one amazing OHL region scout for Florida.

Mr Hockey*

Offer him a promotion.

Keep your own guys.

I am sure if they really wanted him to stay, they would have promoted him or something. It is also possible they gave him a push in Florida's direction, who knows, I know you dont and neither do I.

Barilko14

Jul 5, 2006
Renfrew, ON
Offer him a promotion.

Keep your own guys.

Your seriously going to criticize a scout/consultant move? There are 100's of roles/jobs within a hockey team, are you going to kick up a fuss if a laundry attendant moves on next?

You don't have single clue if this guy is even any good at his job.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
...and thus sinks the Toronto Maple Leafs franchise. How will we recover?

I mean, in all seriousness, I think we'll be fine. Good luck to him in his future endeavours.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
who'd we draft under his watch?

Well Hunter isn't behind every single one of the draft picks we make. Clark was a very good OHL scout, and probably had some sort of influence in most, if not all, of the OHL picks. He was just a consultant though, so I don't really know how much he offered.

The good news is that we will survive, because we do have a bunch of other OHL scouts (and he is only a consultant), so it's not the end of the world (I hope). If it's a huge deal, they'll just find someone else, or they wouldn't have let him go in the first place.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
It's a good thing when other teams are trying to take your guys. It means you're doing something right. You don't see teams trying to poach the Oilers. They're after guys from teams like Detroit and Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad