Confirmed with Link: Werenski out with facial fractures

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I said this on the mains, wonder what you all think:

I know "It's hockey"....but shouldn't they have done x-rays before sending him back out there?

Especially for a head injury?

905PENS

Oskee wee wee
Apr 9, 2013
Hamilton Ontario
Absolutely terrible news. I'm a hockey fan before im a penguins fan. Was hoping he wouldn't miss any time. Always hate seeing players go down. Thankfully there's no concussion and he should heal up just fine for next year. You've got a promising young player who im confident will have a great career.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone else would have been flat on the ice after that injury. Unfortunately for the Jackets, Zach's the type of player who can get up and skate off the ice after fracturing his face. And then try to keep playing after being stitched up. Tough luck, but he's got a bright future in the NHL.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
What a bamf. The man-crush is in full bloom now.

My man crush started long before this, but him coming in when it was evident that he was hurting so bad really did put that over the top. This kid is a foxhole dude.. he would have your back through hell & high water.. God bless ya kid

H382

Oct 20, 2006
Very similar injury-wise to what happened to my son playing baseball. I feel for Zach and his parents.. I hope he has a quick recovery and no concussion.

Unfortunately for me, my son is 9 and isn't making millions breaking his face. After 6 months, he's finally out of concussion protocol.. What a rollercoaster ride those(concussions) are.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
We've suffered our share of injuries to key players here in Pittsburgh so we know how bad it sucks.

Having said that, I respect the guys desire to play and win. Kid came back out and played until his eye swelled shut and he literally couldn't go. You can't teach that.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Reading that Foligno went up to him and told him "I am proud to be your teammate".

Anyone went to bet against him being the captain when the time comes?

zelbell

Oct 6, 2014
Columbus
Reading that Foligno went up to him and told him "I am proud to be your teammate".

Anyone went to bet against him being the captain when the time comes?

Being 19 years old and doing something like that just tells you how special of a player this kid is

100% he's our next captain

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I would normally hesitate to say this about anyone, much less a 19 year old rookie.

This kid is a legend. I simply can not wait to watch his career unfold.

theD86

Winging it
Jun 23, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
He has much of the NHL singing his praises. But, it was said when they drafted him he would wear the "C" in Columbus one day. He did at Michigan

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Z had just under 10K twitter followers before game 3

He now has nearly 17K

The Jackets, the city of Columbus are very very blessed to have this Michigan guy on our team

Special player and has the respect of the entire locker room at 19 yrs old

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Portzline said he's done for the series. If the miracle of miracles happens and we come back to beat the Pens, will he be available for the next round if the medical staff approves?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad