Were Peter Forsberg ever captain or alternate captain for Colorado?

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Were Peter Forsberg ever captain or alternate captain for Colorado?

I assume Joe Sakic was captain for almost the entire time Peter played for the Avs? But did Peter ever wear the A as an alternate captain? If so, when?

Forsberg was an excellent leader, but I dont have any distinct memories from serving in such role for Colorado.

Thanks alot for advice!

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I remember Peter dawning the A a few times in the regular season, but I cant remember when. As for the C, I'm pretty sure he only wore it in a preseason game.

Reactions: Lesky

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
1d49dc5faf9a012f99358d8c6d7b3e6f.jpg

He did wear an A for a while, don't remember the years

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005

1d49dc5faf9a012f99358d8c6d7b3e6f.jpg

He did wear an A for a while, don't remember the years

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I was thinking of buying an Adidas retail authentic and have it customized with Forsberg. And considered adding an A-patch to it .

That should not be considered a jersey-foul with this in mind, correct? :)

I really need a Forsberg starter and Koho jersey as well, lol. But I bet they will be ALOT more difficult to find!

Reactions: Hagstrom and Avs425

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

I was thinking of buying an Adidas retail authentic and have it customized with Forsberg. And considered adding an A-patch to it .

I really need a Forsberg starter and Koho jersey as well, lol. But I bet they will be ALOT more difficult to find!
I mean technically it is jersey foul since he never wore those Adidas jersey. If you're happy with it it shouldn't matter what others think. You can always grab a RBK Forsberg if it bothers you since he did wear that style during his come back.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I mean technically it is jersey foul since he never wore those Adidas jersey. If you're happy with it it shouldn't matter what others think. You can always grab a RBK Forsberg if it bothers you since he did wear that style during his come back.

He did wear the awful apron jersey very briefly. Those wouldn’t be too hard to find, but then you’ve got to wear the awful apron jersey.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
What’s that store In Colorado that still does Custom jerseys I can’t remember the name but they used to do the Koho ones customized. I want a burgundy lace up Colorado 3rd.

tiantonio13

Oct 13, 2021
Thank you guys. Just picked up a Reebok Forsberg Autographed Jersey but it has an A on the front, which rubbed me as wrong. I appreciate the confirmation that Foppa DID NOT WEAR AN A during his brief return stint to the AVS at the end of his career. I will be removing the A when the jersey arrives.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

If anyone hits you with an "ummmm actually...." over Forsberg not wearing an A with that type of jersey, I believe it's a dismissible offence to hit them back.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If anyone hits you with an "ummmm actually...." over Forsberg not wearing an A with that type of jersey, I believe it's a dismissible offence to hit them back.
It's a hittable offence to wear such a thing

Seeing people at games with Sakic and Roy on the back of uniprons and Adidas is absolutely unforgivable.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Thank you guys. Just picked up a Reebok Forsberg Autographed Jersey but it has an A on the front, which rubbed me as wrong. I appreciate the confirmation that Foppa DID NOT WEAR AN A during his brief return stint to the AVS at the end of his career. I will be removing the A when the jersey arrives.

Does this really matter though? I would feel bad stripping Peter of the A. He earned that letter as much as anyone in history.

The only times he didn't was after he missed a bunch of time due to injury. And they probably offered it to him when he came back, but in true Forsberg fashion, he likely turned it down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad