Wennberg to IR; Rychel called up. Rychel sent back down, thanks for coming.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Its a bummer that he will probably be scratched for the home opener in cleveland tonight, there will probably be about 15k there tonight. Definitely should be an NHL atmosphere.

A two hour drive is not going to get a player scratched. That's probably not much off a normal commute for a NY Ranger who lives in the suburbs and runs into some traffic.

I've been to a few Monsters games with over 10k in the arena. It's quite a remarkable turnaround from the last season with the Barons when I was at a few games with less than 500 in the stands.

Last edited:

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Can you make it go faster than 70 mph (or 80 mph if you're like most Ohioans now)? (wrong thread, I know I know)

But this is why the train also has a refrigerated car complete with studio sized rink, so that Kerby can do his morning skate on the way.

Can you do that in the back of a Ford Fiesta? I didn't think so.

:sarcasm:

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
A two hour drive is not going to get a player scratched. That's probably a much off a normal commute for a NY Ranger who lives in the suburbs and runs into some traffic.

I've been to a few Monsters games with over 10k in the arena. It's quite a remarkable turnaround from the last season with the Barons when I was at a few games with less than 500 in the stands.

10K? That's great on so many levels.

Except if CBJ continues the nosedive - then Monsters will outdraw Jackets.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
10K? That's great on so many levels.

Except if CBJ continues the nosedive - then Monsters will outdraw Jackets.

The Monsters share ownership with the Cavaliers, so I think that there's a great deal of cross marketing for them. I've heard that suite holders have to buy tickets to all Monsters games if they want their boxes for the Cavs. I don't know if Cavs STHs have to buy any Monsters tix.

In any case, they've turned a hockey graveyard into a vibrant hockey market.

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Major bummer! Bet it felt like the kick in the groin to him.. lol

Excited to be getting another chance then WHAM, nah - we changed our minds.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
It's gonna be tough for Rychel to crack this elite line up of high powered forwards we put on the ice in Cbus.

Sarcasm.jpg

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
The Monsters share ownership with the Cavaliers, so I think that there's a great deal of cross marketing for them. I've heard that suite holders have to buy tickets to all Monsters games if they want their boxes for the Cavs. I don't know if Cavs STHs have to buy any Monsters tix.

In any case, they've turned a hockey graveyard into a vibrant hockey market.

I believe that all Q suiteholders have to buy all events (Cavs, Monsters, arena football, concerts, circus, etc.). Season ticket sales, however, are entirely separate for each team (although there is cross promotion).

I believe sponsorship sales are also separate (i.e. no package discounts).

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Major bummer! Bet it felt like the kick in the groin to him.. lol

Excited to be getting another chance then WHAM, nah - we changed our minds.

It is also possible that he was told, upfront, that he was coming down as insurance and, if he was not needed, he'd be back in Cleveland in time to play.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If he sits in the press box I'll lose it. But I wouldn't be surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad