Wennberg to IR; Rychel called up. Rychel sent back down, thanks for coming.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I don't expect Rychel to be the savior, but I think it's good to get a young buck hungry for an NHL spot into the lineup right now to break these guys out of their 'woe-is-me' funk.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I don't expect Rychel to be the savior, but I think it's good to get a young buck hungry for an NHL spot into the lineup right now to break these guys out of their 'woe-is-me' funk.

He is going to play his ass off. This is what he has been waiting for

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
as posted in GDT...Kerby be like

grandpa-simpson-arrives-and-leaves_49.gif

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Will this been the final straw with Rychel and his dad? No secret that his dad felt Kerby has been treated pretty crappy by CBJ. I'm sure Jarmo is going to take the best offer he gets in trade for Kerby. I don't see any way that he EVER signs with Jackets. Can't say I blame him really. In my opinion, the kid has definitely been mismanaged and jerked around.

Edit: So he has already signed, my bad. Regardless, I don't foresee a happily ever after union.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Does anyone know if he actually made the trip down to Columbus? I'm wondering if I should expect to see an exhausted Rychel tonight.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
he did...all 2 hours...well 4 hours driving now

I wouldn't be surprised if they scratch him tonight. Front end of a back-to-back after a four-hour drive. Also, if he didn't skate in the Jackets morning skate, he'll have missed having a morning skate.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
Will this been the final straw with Rychel and his dad? No secret that his dad felt Kerby has been treated pretty crappy by CBJ. I'm sure Jarmo is going to take the best offer he gets in trade for Kerby. I don't see any way that he EVER signs with Jackets. Can't say I blame him really. In my opinion, the kid has definitely been mismanaged and jerked around.

Edit: So he has already signed, my bad. Regardless, I don't foresee a happily ever after union.

he hasn't been mismanaged at all.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

Who cares what he (or his Dad) thinks? Mismanaged? How?

When he makes a good enough impression and forces his way into the lineup, he'll be in the NHL.

zelbell

Oct 6, 2014
Columbus
I dont really think Rychel can be THAT angry

He knows he's the first guy up when there is a gorward injury so he will probably see a pretty decent amount of time at the NHL level this year

ScreamingWild

Jobu Mojo
Oct 4, 2006
Ontario
Who cares what he (or his Dad) thinks? Mismanaged? How?

When he makes a good enough impression and forces his way into the lineup, he'll be in the NHL.

Who cares? You honestly don't think it matters if he feels jerked around? You believe that his dad won't have any input on his career decisions? That strikes me as a pretty dismissive attitude to have toward a prospect that has been touted (at times) as an important future member of the big club. At the same time, the organization hasn't denied that he's an expendable player, repeatedly admitting that he would be available to be traded should the right opportunity arise. That, again, in my opinion, is poor management of a young prospect. I don't see any level of trust in either side and they seem to be a bit apart in commitment and investment in his future in the NHL.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Its a bummer that he will probably be scratched for the home opener in cleveland tonight, there will probably be about 15k there tonight. Definitely should be an NHL atmosphere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad