Wennberg, Milano lead Columbus Blue Jackets 2014 Fall top 20

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
oscar_dansk_erie_otters_4.jpg
Photo: Oscar Dansk is one of several strong goaltending prospects in the Columbus Blue Jackets prospect pool. Dansk was selected in the second round of the 2012 NHL Draft. (courtesy of Terry Wilson/OHL Images)

The Columbus Blue Jackets have had a nice flow of prospects over the past few seasons. With players like Boone Jenner and Dalton Prout among others emerging in the NHL, the second wave of Blue Jackets’ prospects are chomping at the bit to get their shot.

Heading the pack of nearly NHL ready players are all three of last year’s first round picks in Alexander Wennberg, Marko Dano, and Kerby Rychel.… read more

The post Wennberg, Milano lead Columbus Blue Jackets 2014 Fall top 20 appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Sorry, I can't see any world where Dansk is #3 on the cbj prospect list. The top 10 seems reasonable otherwise.

I agree. Plus I think Erixon should be higher-he is likely to be the 7th D-man this year. Long term maybe the others have higher ceilings but not right now.

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
I thought Soberg would have made the list, he`s done nothing but improve. His move to Windsor this year will surely rocket him up the rankings with a solid performance.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I thought Soberg would have made the list, he`s done nothing but improve. His move to Windsor this year will surely rocket him up the rankings with a solid performance.

Yeah where he plays is part of it but I agree about Windsor. He has some holes in his game he'll need to work on but he should be a pretty good offensive player this year. He and Zaar are interesting prospects for us

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I agree. Plus I think Erixon should be higher-he is likely to be the 7th D-man this year. Long term maybe the others have higher ceilings but not right now.

That one really shocked me.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dansk is too high (I'd say around 8), Rychel should be ahead of Dano IMO, Forsberg should be ahead of Heatherington, Collins is too high (I'd say around the 15 area), Erixon is way too low (Top 10), and as others have said I am surprised Soberg wasn't listed.

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I swear HF changes the prospect grades for the heck of it.

About a month ago after the draft rankings came out, Merzlikins was a 7.0C and he's already been dropped to a 6.5.

Also Rychel and Dano were dropped from 7.5C's to 7.0B's.

Erixon was dropped from 7.0 to 6.0. Yes, Erixon is now projected to have the same talent level as Will Weber and Olivier LeBlanc.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I swear HF changes the prospect grades for the heck of it.

About a month ago after the draft rankings came out, Merzlikins was a 7.0C and he's already been dropped to a 6.5.

Also Rychel and Dano were dropped from 7.5C's to 7.0B's.

Erixon was dropped from 7.0 to 6.0. Yes, Erixon is now projected to have the same talent level as Will Weber and Olivier LeBlanc.
Yeah I don't get how they feel justified lowering their talent levels when all they have done is improve. I guess they feel justified in it because they raised their likelihood of reaching that talent level to a B?

For example, 7.5C would be adjusted to a 6 because assigning a C means you take the number and multiply it by 0.8.. whereas with a B you multiply by 0.9. Taking that into consideration they improved from 6.0 to 6.3, but still.. it's just a weird rating system..

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah I don't get how they feel justified lowering their talent levels when all they have done is improve. I guess they feel justified in it because they raised their likelihood of reaching that talent level to a B?

For example, 7.5C would be adjusted to a 6 because assigning a C means you take the number and multiply it by 0.8.. whereas with a B you multiply by 0.9. Taking that into consideration they improved from 6.0 to 6.3, but still.. it's just a weird rating system..

It makes a lot of sense because it describes the narrowing of the upside-floor range, which happens to most prospects as they age.

Rychel improved but at the same time his upside decreased slightly. Why? Because before last year he had a chance of having an epic post-draft year, and going on the track of becoming a top line stud. That didn't happen, but he didn't have a bad year either, so his floor went up. So he went from being a 7.5C, which means he could fit in anywhere from being a complementary top line winger to a plus fourth liner, to being a 7.0B, which means he's a lock for a middle-six position. That seems accurate to me.

I think their ratings of Rychel and Dano make sense, but there's no way Erixon is a 6.0B. It makes sense in a way, because he's an older prospect, so you'd expect his upside to have dropped, but he's not a typical older prospect. He's not in the NHL because we're overstocked (as Jarmo admits), and his smarts are way too high to limit him to the third pair.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I am real high on Forsberg turning into the goalie of the future for CBJ. I like Dansk a lot but I got a good feeling about Forsberg... cant wait to see how that battle goes in the AHL

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
and I am PUMPED that Milano went to OHL... cant wait to see how his season goes. I am turning more and more into a HUGE cbj fan right now every since Jarmo took over.. hes doing unreal as GM

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I am real high on Forsberg turning into the goalie of the future for CBJ. I like Dansk a lot but I got a good feeling about Forsberg... cant wait to see how that battle goes in the AHL
Forsberg is only like 4 years younger than Bobrovsky.. hard to imagine any of our current prospects realistically supplanting his position as starter at any point in the near future

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Forsberg is only like 4 years younger than Bobrovsky.. hard to imagine any of our current prospects realistically supplanting his position as starter at any point in the near future

Never know. Bob is a RFA next year and the KHL is an option for him and one he seriously considered last time.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Never know. Bob is a RFA next year and the KHL is an option for him and one he seriously considered last time.
Bobrovsky is going to get a pay raise, that we know. Columbus can offer him more money than most, if not all, KHL teams can.

The whole "Russian superstars fleeing to KHL" thing is overblown. The KHL isn't that strong financially. Sure, we'll see guys like Vladimir Sobotka go to the KHL, but they're not the kind of players who can command 6m+ per season like Bobrovsky can.

According to this article published by sports.ru a little less than a year ago, only 2 players in the entire KHL make over 5m per season. Those players are Ilya Kovalchuk and Alexander Radulov. To further my point, only 16 players have salaries of 3 million or more per season. Sixteen.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
According to this article published by sports.ru a little less than a year ago, only 2 players in the entire KHL make over 5m per season. Those players are Ilya Kovalchuk and Alexander Radulov. To further my point, only 16 players have salaries of 3 million or more per season. Sixteen.

Income tax of 13%...

Bobrovski won't be going to KHL which in few years is either in middle of war or just domestic Russian league once again but there are all kind of stories in ice hockey goaltending so who knows where and how will he be performing come that time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad