Wells Fargo Center to Get Giant New Transforming 4K Scoreboard

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
I think this may have been moved up a year or so... going by what we were told at a Town Hall Meeting... or maybe it's just time flying.

This is their swing for the fences on a crowd pleaser, as I see it... The way so many in the Center love to mug for the camera, seeing more of themselves, and larger, should be very welcome for those Fans... forget about the better Game Replays and WFC Experience.

It actually annoys me to no end the way some Fans rejoice while on the Scoreboard... no matter the Score... the Team could be down by six Goals and they would still be celebrating like WWII just ended... WTH, I do understand that it's supposed to be a joyful night out... but just like I want to see the Players angry on the Ice/Bence, I want to see the Fans upset in the stands... Did they come to see their Team Win, or to get their 15 Seconds of Fame in the Scoreboard?... One of my pet peeves.

In any event... it should be great for Replays... and it is something Philly will have better than any other indoor Sports City will currently have... so there's that.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I think this may have been moved up a year or so... going by what we were told at a Town Hall Meeting... or maybe it's just time flying.

This is their swing for the fences on a crowd pleaser, as I see it... The way so many in the Center love to mug for the camera, seeing more of themselves, and larger, should be very welcome for those Fans... forget about the better Game Replays and WFC Experience.

It actually annoys me to no end the way some Fans rejoice while on the Scoreboard... no matter the Score... the Team could be down by six Goals and they would still be celebrating like WWII just ended... WTH, I do understand that it's supposed to be a joyful night out... but just like I want to see the Players angry on the Ice/Bence, I want to see the Fans upset in the stands... Did they come to see their Team Win, or to get their 15 Seconds of Fame in the Scoreboard?... One of my pet peeves.

In any event... it should be great for Replays... and it is something Philly will have better than any other indoor Sports City will currently have... so there's that.

Definitely a pet peeve of mine as well. You won’t be seeing me on the big screen anytime soon - at least not when we’re losinn anyways.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

The flyers do not show replays in house to keep people in the seats from going ballistic from bad or missed calls.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Coyotes fan (with a Philly-born uncle in my birthplace of Memphis. Long story.) I'm impressed but confused. I don't want to bring up the Bruce Wayne meme from "Batman Forever," but I'm tempted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad