Post-Game Talk: We'll never get a power play again. Oilers lose 2-1.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Meh, the refs always miss calls. They weren't calling much for either team, Caps only had 2 PPs.

Good effort but they are so inept with the goalie pulled. When was the last time they scored with the goalie pulled down by 1, have they scored even once this season? Why was McDavid on the point? :dunno:

No they have not. The only team in the league to not have scored with 6 attackers.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I saw a tweet earlier that Larsson hopes to play Sunday. Larsson + Nurse coming back would be nice.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Meh, the refs always miss calls. They weren't calling much for either team, Caps only had 2 PPs.

Good effort but they are so inept with the goalie pulled. When was the last time they scored with the goalie pulled down by 1, have they scored even once this season? Why was McDavid on the point? :dunno:

On another note, the Flames are about to be only 6 points back. How did they sneak up so fast?

Zero PPs is zero PPs. 4 in the last 5 games. That's stupid.

Also teams are laying down for the Flames again.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Looch-RNH-Ebs were great. We played well, they played better. Kuznetsov in particular I thought was fantastic. Good game though, that second line of ours is starting to really get it together.

Kuznetsov was real good. No wonder the Caps are so dominant. 1-2 punch of backstrom and kuznetsov. Then they still got Ovie.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Zero PPs is zero PPs. 4 in the last 5 games. That's stupid.

Also teams are laying down for the Flames again.

I mean, bad calls happen both ways all the time. The Oilers had some fortunate calls against the Panthers for instance. It's not some conspiracy against the Oilers but yes, there was some poor reffing tonight.

The Flames are pretty good, I don't think anybody is laying down for them. I'm just surprised that the standings tightened up so quickly despite the Oilers being on a nice 4-2 stretch.

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
I thought our second line had a good game. Washington is so good at clogging up the middle, its tough to get many chances off the rush against them and if we break it we still have to beat one of the top goalies in the league. Didn't expect to win this one and im happy with the effort and keeping up with an elite team despite a bunch of brutal turnovers

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I mean, bad calls happen both ways all the time. The Oilers had some fortunate calls against the Panthers for instance. It's not some conspiracy against the Oilers.

The Flames are pretty good, I don't think anybody is laying down for them. I'm just surprised that the standings tightened up so quickly despite the Oilers being on a nice 4-2 stretch.

Nobody is saying it's a conspiracy. But it is odd that despite playing well we never get PPs. Yet if the Oilers are ahead you can bet the opposing team will get a PP.

Lightning completely laid down for the Flames and the Panthers are not playing anywhere near the level they played against us.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Nobody is saying it's a conspiracy. But it is odd that despite playing well we never get PPs. Yet if the Oilers are ahead you can bet the opposing team will get a PP.

Lightning completely laid down for the Flames and the Panthers are not playing anywhere near the level they played against us.

I guess but I'm just saying that reffing is poor in general, not just for the Oilers. The Flames just got their 1st PP of the game, refs aren't calling much nowadays.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I mean, bad calls happen both ways all the time. The Oilers had some fortunate calls against the Panthers for instance. It's not some conspiracy against the Oilers but yes, there was some poor reffing tonight.

It's no conspiracy but 2-0 PPS for Washington in this game is a ****ing joke. Either way I can live with the loss. We played as good as the top team in the NHL. The game winner was on an obvious pick play that should have gave us a powerplay in a game where we deserved a few

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Actually it's more luongo ******** the bed. He's been awful

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I suppose the Coyotes do as well? 7 PPs in less than 2 games.

I don't know what to tell you man. Bad reffing isn't exclusive to the Oilers is all I'm saying. Go to other boards during the game and their fanbases will complain about reffing, Panthers fans were in an uproar about the officials 2 night ago.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
There is no conspiracy, they are on the road and home teams usually get the benefit of the doubt. Its a long road trip after all is it not?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
They play a faster game than the Oilers do, faster teams (Caps included, Pens as well) tend to force more calls.

That's ridiculous. Oilers are one of the better rush teams in the league and a substantially better cycle team (which also draws a ton of penalties). I know you love to play devil's advocate on this but the oilers have deserved much better on the penalty front the last 5 games and they played quite well tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad