Post-Game Talk (GBU): Well... It WAS Pardy time ...

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G:
Pardy
Myers

B:
First Period and Second Period

U:
Faceoffs.... but hey not like they cost you goals or lose you game.

S319R11S16

Expect Suffering
Apr 18, 2006
OH MY GOD RT @DaveDavisHockey: Jhonas Enroth was 16-4-2 in his first 22 decisions in the NHL. In his last 17 decisions, he's 1-12-4.

Kc232

Hi
Aug 12, 2008
Even though it should happen now, if this type of play goes on for another 4-5 games I can't see how Ruff can stay.

chadthestampede

The Humanoid Typhoon
Jan 20, 2011
I'm going to get crucified for this but I don't think Enroth was the problem tonight. Putting a cold backup goalie behind a lackluster defense and expecting him to be Vezina caliber is the Buffalo way, though.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Good:

- Myers with his second strong game in a row
- Stafford looking much better
- Pardy looking okay
- Grigorenko with another solid performance, given where he started. At least he's coming around. I've seen a few people continue to say he looks awful, and I disagree with that big-time. He looks like a rookie center adjusting to the vast differences of the NHL when compared to MJ. He looks more and more dangerous.

Bad:

- Foligno...nonchalance and complacency galore. He was the dead weight on that line tonight
- Brennan is here for one basic reason: apparently, he has a good shot. Fulton Reed's 1 outta 5 isn't a "good shot". It's a hard shot. Inaccuracy diminishes any shred of decency with regards to shooting

Ugly:

- Add "backup goaltender" to the list of needs...holy hell
- You have Cody Hodgson out to take the faceoff in the offensive zone down a goal with 25 seconds left. I understand he's our best regular center on draws, but in the small sample we've seen (and it is indeed abysmal), Ott seems like the only one capable of winning an important faceoff. Net empty, you put VHP on the ice, and your 6th man is your best faceoff guy. It has to be Ott. I don't care how many draws Hodgson won this game. He's not a good guy at the dot.

What happened to Sulzer in the second period? I don't recall seeing him much...all game, for that matter. Was he benched? Didn't hear the Sabres broadcast say anything

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Good:

- Myers with his second strong game in a row
- Stafford looking much better
- Pardy looking okay
- Grigorenko with another solid performance, given where he started. At least he's coming around. I've seen a few people continue to say he looks awful, and I disagree with that big-time. He looks like a rookie center adjusting to the vast differences of the NHL when compared to MJ. He looks more and more dangerous.

Bad:

- Foligno...nonchalance and complacency galore. He was the dead weight on that line tonight
- Brennan is here for one basic reason: apparently, he has a good shot. Fulton Reed's 1 outta 5 isn't a "good shot". It's a hard shot. Inaccuracy diminishes any shred of decency with regards to shooting

Ugly:

- Add "backup goaltender" to the list of needs...holy hell
- You have Cody Hodgson out to take the faceoff in the offensive zone down a goal with 25 seconds left. I understand he's our best regular center on draws, but in the small sample we've seen (and it is indeed abysmal), Ott seems like the only one capable of winning an important faceoff. Net empty, you put VHP on the ice, and your 6th man is your best faceoff guy. It has to be Ott. I don't care how many draws Hodgson won this game. He's not a good guy at the dot.

What happened to Sulzer in the second period? I don't recall seeing him much...all game, for that matter. Was he benched? Didn't hear the Sabres broadcast say anything

Thank you. Good Lord, I don't seem to understand any argument that supports the decision to not have Ott out there.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I'm going to get crucified for this but I don't think Enroth was the problem tonight. Putting a cold backup goalie behind a lackluster defense and expecting him to be Vezina caliber is the Buffalo way, though.

Vezina caliber? How about "non-paraplegic"? You're playing him against what is arguably one of the weaker offensive teams in the league without Spezza. You expect him to make routine saves - which he did not do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad